• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.0 on Hero - HTC, this is an outrage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But my point is: why would/should it be a sketchy ETA?

Overestimate. Whack a load of contingency time in there. There must be a PLAN though, and a schedule. There isn't some team of stoners sat around scratching their collective arses and doing it as fast as they can (dude).

I am hearing December the 11/12th from a few different sites. Granted; that could be from the same B/S source - but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm not outraged by any stretch, but I am growing impatient.
I too would be much happier if HTC were consistently releasing bug-ridden images of the 2.0 with Sense, teasing us with all of these cool new features.

I to am growing impatient, but it will come and it will be worth the wait knowing HTC.

Upvote 0
could you please explain what exactly you will get out of Android 2.0? Google nav and maybe some hardware optimization? Besides that what benefits are you looking for in terms of a sense UI built on 2.0. I mean, it's one thing if you're running stock android then yes 1.5 is missing a lot of the things 2.0 has. But from my understanding, Sense was made to put these things in place. 2.0 seems to give people with stock android some of the stuff that people with sense UI on 1.5 have had all along

if I'm wrong please correct me and explain what exactly you'll be getting out of having sense on 2.0 besides being able to say that you have android 2.0...

THAT ISN'T THE POINT! They are saying that we are being abandoned by our provider! We need to get the update because EVERYONE ELSE HAS IT. That's 90% of the reason anyone gets anything, because EVERYONE ELSE HAS IT.

Upvote 0
based on that graph only 1/4 of the people have 2.0 (most of which are Droid owners who have had their phones for just over a month). And it seems apparent that HTC will be releasing Sense for 2.1 (which isn't even out yet!) in the not too distant future.

But you're right, your view is a much more mature way to look at it...

Upvote 0
I want, I want, I want.

I'd have vanilla android on 2.0 over sense on 1.5 any day.

Why don't you install the AOSP 2.0 from XDA Forums then? Apart from a few steps to install it and a slight (*cough*) issue with Calendar sync and battery drainage its near perfect.

I can tell you I'll be changing back to Sense as soon as I can though, I forgot how damn ugly stock Android is.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones