Android 2.0 SDK Launches

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

Remember what we told you about the Android 2.0 SDK requiring an NDA? Scratch that – the Android Developers Blog have just announced that the SDK now supports 2.0 Eclair! I’m guessing that NDA was used because the “test devices” were Motorola Droid and THAT was what should have been kept hush hush.Check out [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

(Testing)

3. sbank

sbank Member

Can anyone get their 2.0 SDK to work with Exchange?

I've been playing around for the past day looking at all the new features in the SDK emulator. I was able to get my gmail and hotmail working fine through the emulator. When I try my corporate Exchange server, the emulator just spins and spins and spins.

I hooked up wireshark to snoop the packets, and all I see are HTTP OPTIONS requests over and over. My password is correct, and I have tried turning on and off SSL, as well as push vs poll settings. I can see the emulator's outbound connections to my Exchange server, yet no e-mail ever shows up.

Any thoughts?

_Steve

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

In the SDK is their a new keyboard?

5. sbank

sbank Member

Comparing the 2.0 Emulator output with the 1.6 and 1.5 output looks to be almost exact. The only difference is that the backspace button on 1.6/1.5 contains the letters "del" above the backspace symbol.

Who knows what the real 2.0 devices will have. C'mon Droid! :)