Android 2.01 Update fix hands free problem?

Last Updated:

1. rag133

rag133 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As many know the lack of hands free with the Droid is a big issue, and hopefully one that will be fixed at some point. My phone has no issue receiving calls in the car but I cannot call out without picking up the phone and clicking around. My old EnV worked fine transferring phone book and calling hands free, bit the Droid that DOES IT ALL can't do it. Heck I can't even input my own numbers to the car phone book since it always seems to be trying to transfer from the Droid.

Does the 2.01 update address this issue at all or will it be a future fix (hopefully)

Advertisement
  2. kg6epf

kg6epf Well-Known Member

I can unfortunately confirm that the update did not change my inability to begin a call using my Parrot bluetooth system in my car. I don't seem to have any more complaints of echos, and the bluetooth works fine if I start it from the phone first, but still no hands free dialing. At least not for me.

I have the forced version update and otherwise happy.

3. LarryQW

LarryQW Member

My Droid with old version 2.0 can transfer my phonebook just fine to my Ford SYNC system. MS SYNC calls from there.

4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

If you transfer your phone book to your parrot system, can't you initiate the call that way? I used to be able to do that w/my Blackberry and my Parrot system in my old car.

5. LinMcHugh

LinMcHugh Active Member

2009 Honda Pilot bluetooth works fine dialing out hands free.

6. rag133

rag133 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wow, it looks like the update DID fix the issue, my phone book transfers fine now to my car and I can use it hands free. HOORAY

7. krichek

krichek Well-Known Member

I could transfer the phone book and dial out using uconnect on the mygig system in my car before the update. Seems odd that some folks were/are still having problems.

8. pepco

pepco New Member

I can transfer mine too but I have a problem. Most of my contacts have two or more telephones (work, mobile, home,...) but when I try to dial through Uconnect it doesn

9. sleonard

sleonard New Member

I have an 09 Honda Pilot and cannot transfer contacts from Droid to Honda Bluetooth Hands Free Link. The overall bluetooth connection works even though there are times where the connection will be lost and then recoonect during the same phone call. Any thoughts.