Android 2.1 and FaceBook contacts

Last Updated:

1. Adelski

Adelski New Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm running DC 2.0r3 right now and everything is so far so good. The only gripe I have with not so much the rom but the new os in general is the way it deals with my facebook contacts.

If I go to the phone dialer or tap to make a new message and start typing in a name it'll list all the contacts that I have in facebook. Is there any way to only display the contacts I have on my phone for these instances?

Advertisement
  2. socodef

socodef Well-Known Member

I've been wondering the same thing. In the phone book, if you go to settings, you can choose which contacts to display, and you can turn off facebook contacts. But in messages it will still list all of them. I liked it better when it only synced your phonebook contacts and not just everyone.

Anyone else know any fixes for this?

3. zgeorge

zgeorge New Member

This is really annoying me too. Is there anyway to have only numbers on my phone, and maybe select facebook "contacts"? I don't need every single facebook contact also on my cellphone. What was Google thinking?!

4. stud48124

stud48124 New Member

Same here, anyone figure this out it would be great. I've selected not to sync my FB contacts for this very reason. :(

5. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

I run Fresh 2.0d and have my contact sync to facebook... it only shows the contacts in my list that were already there.. it just syncs their facebook status and pics.. other face book contacts that are not in my phone list don't show.

6. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

For Some reason my sisters facebook contact pictures on not showing up & it seems like she may have lost a few contacts. What can she do to get them back?

7. i3adidas

i3adidas Member

i cant get my facebook info to link up with my contacts any help

8. Acropolis

Acropolis Member

I was having the same issue. I just installed DC yesterday and couldn't find any Facebook contacts. I tried removing the account and adding it again and I tried sync'ing multiple times with no luck.

Just to see if other Facebook apps were working, I went into "Friend Stream" and hit update and it loaded all of the posts. After doing that, I could then see all of my Facebook contacts when I tried to link them.

The only issue I have is that when you go to the screen to select the Facebook contact to link to your phone contact, the Facebook contacts all show up twice. It's not a big deal because they are only repeated on that one screen and it is fine everywhere else. I don't want to mess with it since it seems to be working fine.

Also, make sure that you are on the latest version of damage control. There is a comment in the release notes about fixing Facebook Sync issue.

9. dannyb33

dannyb33 Member

I installed DC yesterday and had no issues. However, my phone contacts no longer sync with my FB friends. In fact, even Friendstream updates properly, but when I click on friends in Friendstream, it says "you have no friends" - even tho the status updates are there.

What's going on?

Other than this, everything else seems to be working great!

10. dannyb33

dannyb33 Member

Okay, weirder still - now Friendstream shows 100 (of about 250) friends - and those 100 friends are synced in the phonebook. The other 150 are not synced.

Why is it stopping at 100 friends?

11. Acropolis

Acropolis Member

Some people have reported that it takes as long as over night for the first sync to complete. If you now have 100, wait and see if you have the remaining friends in the morning.

12. dannyb33

dannyb33 Member

Thanks - I'll wait and see...

13. hilker09

hilker09 Well-Known Member

That is true - the more contacts you have the longer that first sync will take.

I have a current problem with People. I have several contacts who show up in the groups I've placed them in, but don't show up under "All." One is a Google contact, 2nd is a google contact linked to Facebook. I can't seem to get them to show up under All. Any ideas short of recreating them?

14. esimpson1

esimpson1 Member

I'm having the same issue; Facebook contacts do not show up in the "People" app (which is what I want), but they do still show up in the "Messages" app. VERY VERY annoying.

15. gpgon

gpgon New Member

To fix the multiple contact issue long hold on the duplicate and it should prompt to merge. bonus it'll suggest correctly whom to merge