Android 2.1 for xperia,when?General

Last Updated:

1. pontuszaar

pontuszaar Active Member This Topic's Starter

Any ideas when we can expect 2.1 for xperia?
    And what will be new?

Advertisement
  2. utopial

utopial Active Member

apparently android is up to 2.2 now

anyone have info on x10 upgrades? 1.6 is ridiculously old

aside from multitouch, the thing holding me back from buying this fone is the lack of support by SE. most issues are fixable thru firmware upgrades. ill wait 2 mths (also to see the new iphone) and see how well SE have fixed up this fone and provided support. if they do nothing: fck buying it.

3. tuahogary

tuahogary Well-Known Member

The store manager at my local T-mobile also said that the X10 will be upgraded to 2.2 in about 2 months. But then he said the Desire is currently running 2.2 which I denied but he was still adamant on that :eek: so I seriously doubt he knows anything about the firmware version and when the update is going to be released :(

All I can say now is dont believe everything the salesperson/manager says in store and if youre gonna buy the phone, make sure youre happy with 1.6 because it might take forever for an update if not never.

4. jonmorris

jonmorris Well-Known Member

SE has promised it WILL upgrade to 2.1 but without a date. All I've been told is that it will be within six months. By then, you may well have 2.2 - and I'd hope that whatever they choose to upgrade to will be the latest version. If they release 2.1 as 2.2 appears elsewhere, it would be most annoying.

That said, the differences between 2.1 and 2.2 are not going to be that significant, and SE has added in a lot of 2.x features on 1.6. It's not quite as big an issue as the other 'issues' with the phone - although you'd probably want to add a replacement homescreen to get more than three panels. At a recent event, SE demonstrators had already added things to their handsets, such as the Dolphin web browser, and that's one good thing about Android; don't like something - change it for something else.

But, I repeat - the update IS coming at some point in the future. That's a given.

5. Deathwish238

Deathwish238 Well-Known Member

Sony said Android 2.1 is coming in Q1 2010 and Android 2.2 "later".

6. davethorp

davethorp Well-Known Member

Errr Q1 2010 ended end of last month

7. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the upgrade will be released together with Duke Nukem Forever :p

8. Revos

Revos New Member

idd!

9. Museite

Museite Member

'any day now' then ... :D