• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.1 is out in India

@Srijith
Please let us know if you were able to get it upgraded at BTM layout service centre.

I went to BTM samsung service center yesterday, but sadly unable to upgrade my droid from 1.5 to 2.1. The service guy told me that they are facing some problem in flashing the samsung galaxy spica device. I may go this weekend to check again!!

Did any one else from Bangalore had luck in upgrading their device??

@t1279k: Hope you have successfully upgraded your samsung spica. If you have the contact number of the person who did the upgrade, can you pls share with me.

Upvote 0
Hi, guys from Bangalore...
Where did you buy the Spica...I have been searching around town for it, nobody seems to have it in stock...
Can you check with the service center guy the next time you visit them...is the Spica discontinued?

Thanks...
Try channel9 in Jaynagar,i got mine from them.None of the other mobile sores have the spica

I got my spica updated to 2.1 in Hyd.They did it in 10 minutes.Blore service centre guys had no clue on 2.1

Btw samsung Hyd did use Odin to update the phone

Upvote 0
Airtel APN settings for Milestone :

Hi this is Manoranjan from india.I am using Airtel Mobile office for data connection.Can someone help me in setting up data connection for Airtel operator.

I need Airtel APN settings for Milestone

Here is a comprehensive list of carriers APN settings Mobile APN Setting to use GPRS

Upvote 0
Hi, guys from Bangalore...
Where did you buy the Spica...I have been searching around town for it, nobody seems to have it in stock...
Can you check with the service center guy the next time you visit them...is the Spica discontinued?

Thanks...

You can buy Spica at infibeam.com.
Samsung I5700 Galaxy Spica India, Samsung I5700 Galaxy Spica Price & Review, Buy Samsung Mobiles - Infibeam.com

They are pretty good e-retailers and deliver within 3-4 days. They ship the phone with 2.1 already in place. I got my phone from there.

Upvote 0
Try channel9 in Jaynagar,i got mine from them.None of the other mobile sores have the spica

I got my spica updated to 2.1 in Hyd.They did it in 10 minutes.Blore service centre guys had no clue on 2.1

Btw samsung Hyd did use Odin to update the phone

From where in hyderabad you got it update? I am in Hyderabad looking forward for update...please help.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi All
I got my phone upgraded to 2.1 in the Samsung service centre in Bangalore, BTM layout. The firmware version is i570EDDJC5.
After the upgrade my battery life has degraded majorly. From 2 days in 1.5 to just 1 day in 2.1. Yesterday night there was about 30% battery remaining and the phone had switched off by the time I woke up! Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS were all disabled. I also installed Helix and killed Pantheon as I read somewhere that Pantheon consumes too much of cycles. Can anyone else with the same firmware share their experience and suggest me any measures to improve my battery life?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Upvote 0
Hi All
I got my phone upgraded to 2.1 in the Samsung service centre in Bangalore, BTM layout. The firmware version is i570EDDJC5.
After the upgrade my battery life has degraded majorly. From 2 days in 1.5 to just 1 day in 2.1. Yesterday night there was about 30% battery remaining and the phone had switched off by the time I woke up! Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS were all disabled. I also installed Helix and killed Pantheon as I read somewhere that Pantheon consumes too much of cycles. Can anyone else with the same firmware share their experience and suggest me any measures to improve my battery life?

Hi Sharath, What is ur overall experience on 2.1, How much did it took for update.
Do you have that guys contact number. Actually i stay in Yelhanaka, it'll be god if i call them and go, else it'll be hectic for me if nothing happens after coming that long. :)

Upvote 0
Guys,

I got a new Spica pre-loaded with 2.1, here is a first hand exp of 2.1

1. Amazing Interface, feels like a budget Iphone with power of Google
2. For contacts, plug in a SD card which has the back-up of your contacts and Spica will recognize and back-up the same with your Gtalk a/c (Contact Section)
3. Configure Gtalk, download twitter app and use the inbuilt facebook application
4. Awesome widgets for Facebook & twitter
5. Had some issues configuring official mail but I was successful, ensure your password has no ~ symbol (very strange)
6. Please dont get tempted with the Market, download limited apps - Apps will consume phone memory and the speed will drop considerably
7. Say no to animations if you are geek, speed will be improve considerably
8. Pre installed browser is great you can rub your finger on the screen to increase or decrease page size (Zoom-in & Zoom-out) Nice feature still getting a hang of it
9. Still trying to figure out divx support
10. Install Advanced Task Killer from market to kill apps (Very Important)
11. Sound quality is amazing

Cons:
1. Battery life, lasts only a day
2. Interface starts lagging with heavy usage
3. No support to connect with PC

If you need a Spica pre-loaded with 2.1 in India, ensure the price mentioned on the box pack is around 14k. The box with 19k price is the old version 1.6

Upvote 0
Hi All

Yeah, the battery lasts only for a day, for me too. With 1.5, I remember charging it once around 1.5 days or somewhere around that.

Upvote 0
Hi all,
My phone (GT - I5700) Galaxy spica does not seem to be detected by Kies.Its been updated to 2.1. My phone name does show up in the top right hand corner of KIES, but i cannot access my phone book , nor my messages or anything else. I can just see data inside my SD Card. can you tell me where i am going wrong and assist me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones