Android 2.1 live wallpapers, 3d gallery, voice typing. Where and How???Support

Last Updated:

1. stylez2uniq

stylez2uniq New Member This Topic's Starter

ive just upgraded to android 2.1 on my hero and trying to find how to get voice typing for text messages (there was one guy who suggested using google voice search and handcent but wasn't very accurate) , live wallpapers, 3d photo gallery, do any of these actually work on the hero???? Appreciate any help.

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I can't help with the first as it's not something I require, but Live Wallpapers and the 3D Gallery were removed from the Hero 2.1 build for performance reasons.

stylez2uniq likes this.
  3. mjcritchie

mjcritchie Well-Known Member

Voice typing is available in the latest version of 'Swiftkey Beta', which is a nice replacement keyboard available in the Android Market.

I've not found it to be very responsive though. Perhaps I need to be talking in an American accent?

stylez2uniq likes this.
  4. jmfryer1978

jmfryer1978 Active Member

For voice typing try Vlingo (it used to be $10 but is now free). It's a LOT more accurate than the Google version, and has extra features to be able to dictate e-mails and open applications too.

stylez2uniq likes this.
  5. stylez2uniq

stylez2uniq New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the advice and help people, u guys cleared that up for me. Much appreciated!!!