Android 2.1 Pros and Cons (compared with 1.5)

Last Updated:

1. prepbgg

prepbgg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have an unlocked, unbranded Hero (bought without a SIM, currently being used with a 3 UK SIM) and am waiting (patiently) for notification when an update is available. Nothing has arrived on my phone and I can't see anything relevant on the HTC Support website.

Meanwhile I understand that many Hero users have already been able to upgrade and so have presumably experienced the pros and cons of the upgrade. Googling for information I find a number of reports of "issues", especially with the Sprint version of the Hero. Do people generally find that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Ensure you have the latest Android 1.5 firmware, build number 2.73.405.66, installed. You can d/l it from the HTC support site here. This is a requirement in order to receive the preparatory update for the 2.1 OTA update itself.

prepbgg likes this.
  3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Don't bother with stuff you read about the Sprint Hero. They are actually entirely different phones running their own unique builds of 2.1. Our 2.1 update seems to have gone down much better than theirs.

I can't say I've actually used the official 2.1 (I use custom ROMs), but the general impression here seemed to be it was worth the update.

prepbgg likes this.