• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.1 sync with Picasa

cwrig

Aug 31, 2009
Lancaster, PA
Its in the 2.1 specs but Ive not seen and real mention of it in the Nexus demos.

I take tons of photos and do use Picasa to store them and do face recognician on the web (and sybced to my PC) I always wondered when google would integrate this with Android.

So; anyone with the nexus; How does this work?

I assume it uses your google id to sync.
  1. Does it sync only from phone to picasa
  2. Does it syns picasa to phone?
  3. If ti does both, is there a picture # limit?
  4. Does it sync the metadata from picasa like face names?

Its in the 2.1 specs but Ive not seen and real mention of it in the Nexus demos.

I take tons of photos and do use Picasa to store them and do face recognician on the web (and sybced to my PC) I always wondered when google would integrate this with Android.

So; anyone with the nexus; How does this work?

I assume it uses your google id to sync.
  1. Does it sync only from phone to picasa
  2. Does it syns picasa to phone?
  3. If ti does both, is there a picture # limit?
  4. Does it sync the metadata from picasa like face names?

I am using the Epic 4g with Android 2.1. I have set up Picasa Sync and using the operating system. Syncing is working correctly from Picasa to my phone. But my photos on my phone are not being synced to Picasa.

Upvote 0
Any photos I load on to Picasa Web automatically show up in the stock gallery app, sorted the same way as you have it on the web. You can load to Picasa from your phone, but it will go into a file called "dropbox". The picture limit is probably whatever limit Piscasa web forces on you. Nice feature, confused me at first since I couldn't understand why pictures I didn't load on my phone were showing up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones