• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.1 update 1

Crafoo

Mar 29, 2010
UK
Just checked my phone and had a message saying that an OTA update is ready to be downloaded and installed to my phone. Now I'm already running 2.1 on my hero (3 branded but I used the guide to get the unbranded 2.1 update so running a standard HTC rom) so I was a bit confused as to what this update is actually for, I've checked my phone and under firmware version it says "2.1 -update1" and the software number is "3.32.405.2" anybody got any ideas of what this update is actually for? is it a fix for something or some extra features that have been added????

Cheers.

Has anyone found a proper method for getting them back? I've heard one of two people who say they've done it, but nothing other than that.
Other than to manually add each to their proper place on the homescreens? No. Maybe it would be possible on rooted system, but I have no idea where the homescreen and widget configuration is even stored.

Upvote 0
It's actually not possible to restore widgets that have been removed from the screen, not even on a rooted system. You still have to manually add them back and reconfigure them.

But I thought the bug was that they disappeared entirely? As in they weren't in the widget selection menu either, so there was no way to re-add them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones