• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did somebody say Train Wreck???????:D:D:D

2181869185_1d29e9d152_o.png
Excellent! And I think I see 2.1 right there...there...in the left hand corner, do you see it too? It's never coming now, it's been smashed to bits!

Upvote 0
Spoke with my PR rep for Verizon Wireless and this person frequently communicates with LG.

I'm high up in the wireless industry (not working for a wireless carrier specifically but I work for a wireless testing area...let's just name it Area 51).

They said that this software update will be coming shortly. She said that some customers will begin to see the update as early as 3:00pm tomorrow, while other people will see the update as late as August 7, 2009.

She said it will be based on total number of wireless subscribers per state (the more dense areas will get update sooner). Locations in Alaska and Hawaii may not see this update...ever.

Upvote 0
Spoke with my PR rep for Verizon Wireless and this person frequently communicates with LG.

I'm high up in the wireless industry (not working for a wireless carrier specifically but I work for a wireless testing area...let's just name it Area 51).

They said that this software update will be coming shortly. She said that some customers will begin to see the update as early as 3:00pm tomorrow, while other people will see the update as late as August 7, 2009.

She said it will be based on total number of wireless subscribers per state (the more dense areas will get update sooner). Locations in Alaska and Hawaii may not see this update...ever.

Wait what? August 2009??

Upvote 0

Okay this must be false. First of all, why would LG tell you about a Motorolla product and secondly why does it say as late as 2009??

Upvote 0
Okay this must be false. First of all, why would LG tell you about a Motorolla product and secondly why does it say as late as 2009??

well see? what happened is that he got a visitor from the future while he was in the past...now to put this in perspective...i believe he's talking of an alternate universe where 2.1 updates are readily available to all...they're actually updating to 6.9 now. Woot?!:eek:

anyway...sources tell me the update's coming on a donkey's back...so sit tight. :D:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Do you have any other new info or something? There really is nothing new to talk about lol
Nope, just pointing out the obvious that cursing out another member will not be tolerated.

As for this thread, it will be closed now since the thread has basically gone downhill and the so called rumor update date of Jan 22 came and went without any update, we will just have to wait until an official date is confirmed.

TS out

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones