Android 2.1 Wi-Fi connection problem?Support

Last Updated:

1. SamsungTransform

SamsungTransform Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my new transform about a week ago. So far the wifi had been fine, but I am now having trouble staying connected. It will connect for about 4-5 minutes but then disconnect and say "out of range, remembered" What I don't get is why it will connect and give me full access(password is correct) but then just randomly shut down. I have tried it next to the router directly so the out of range message is not correct either. Does anyone have experience with this problem?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums. I've moved your Transform question out of the News area and into your device's forum for you.

WiFi drop out issues can happen for many reasons. If a connection is not stable on a regular basis, sometimes that can be remedied by having the router admin switch channels for you (with no other configuration changes on the router, you should not have to do anything on your device).

I'd try a reboot prior to anything else, though; you'd be surprised how often that can "fix" something between a router and your device. ;)

3. SamsungTransform

SamsungTransform Member This Topic's Starter

I did the restard and it worked for about an hour but then just gave out again... I have tried resetting the router too but with no avail. I don't see why a brand new phone would be having this problem!

4. TheRH

TheRH Well-Known Member

Have you tired the phone on more than one Wi-Fi connection? I have a reg AT&T modem/Wi-Fi router and it works well, no drop outs.

5. cmlewis2

cmlewis2 New Member

I am basically having the same problem, except my phone will not remember the password for my wireless internet connection at home, and it also keeps telling me that the password is incorrect every time I enter it, and I know the password can't be incorrect, because I actually look up the. Password on my laptop every time I need to enter it into my phone. For the first week that I had it, my Transform did not have this issue AT ALL..... I HAVE RESTARTED THE PHONE AND MOTEM MULTIPLE TIMES, AND IT STILL SAYS THAT THE PASSWORD IS INCORRECT! Please excuse the previous sentence being all caps, I was very frustrated. Can someone PLEASE help me?