• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ANDROID 2.2 aka froyo features missing

jgalan14

Android Enthusiast
Jun 20, 2010
Sin City
So i decided to make this thread for all the new people, apparently there is still people sign in up for the forums, and new comers from another OSs(BB, Iphone, WM, etc)

So this is some features that you don't see in the Evo of froyo(is not because is not capable but is more like HTC and Sprint wanted that way )

Stock Launcher, not 2.2 launcher because we got sense the closest thing you can find to it is LauncherPro(favorite one) or ADW launcher(sorry i couldn't find the link just put it like that in google android market)

Gallery, many people keeps asking for this special gallery cause it really is cool made by coloris because they team up with google here is a link (credit goes to dark Neo for finding the link)

the power control i have no idea why we didn't get the updated it one but hopefully we do before the end of the year i'm pretty sure we getting another update before the end of the year

well those are the most requested ones, besides that camera, calendar, messages, car dock, etc are all different because of sense, Sense UI is more then just a skin for Evo, any question please ask, i know a lot good users in this forums and they always happy to give you the most correct information

here is a vid for Stock Froyo
YouTube - ‪Android 2.2 Froyo walkthrough - AndroidCentral.com‬‎
and google video of the features
YouTube - ‪Android 2.2 Official Video‬‎

Reactions: optikalillusi0n
Unless I'm mistaken, which I usually am, lol. I thought we did get the power control, at least if the power control you're talking about, is the one the guy was showing in the first video with the brightness settings on it and other toggles for the bluetooth, wifi, and gps. I just saw it on mine. But i'm not sure this is the one you are talking about.

Either way, thanks for the information and vids. Appreciate it.

Upvote 0
It would be nice to get a full list of the stock apk files that we can download separately I've seen the 3d gallery and launcher but I'd like to have the dialer, Calender, messenger and anything else that was changed just so I can have a choice on whether I use the stock or sense or something else from the market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones