• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.2 and Adobe Lifecycle Designer 9

shafiekd

Lurker
Aug 15, 2011
Hi

Does anyone know if there's issues with Android 2.2 and fillable PDF forms created with Adobe Lifecycle Designer 9.0?
I have an app on my tablet with Android 2.2 which allows me to fill/complete an PDF form and mail/send it off.
The app works with PDF's created in Adobe Lifecycle Designer ES8.2 PDF Version 1.6, but the ones I create in Adobe Lifecycle Designer 9.0 PDF Version 1.7 says its incompatible and does not display.

Any ideas?

All the fillable PDF apps of which I am aware use the proprietary Adobe Acrobat "AcroFields." If LiveCycle Designer uses a different method, then that's the problem.

Another thought...
Most PDF creators also have a setup option for what minimum revision of Reader is required to open documents created by them. I have LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2, and strangely enough, it does not have that option. However, under Tools > Options > Document Handling there is a drop-down selector for Default File Type. Try a different setting there and see if it helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones