Android 2.2 and Bluetooth Audio

Last Updated:

1. jlpga

jlpga New Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else starting experience issues with bluetooth audio since the 2.2 firmware update? I have never had any issues with the bluetooth audio connection with Microsoft Sync in my car but since the update I can't get through a track without drops all over the place. I am forced to connect via the audio cable;then everything is fine. Like I said, I very occasional hiccup before the update; now it is all the time.

Advertisement
  2. fratermus

fratermus Well-Known Member

It's connecting fine with all my BT devices. I even channel BT my plain mono earpieces with BT Mono and that works, too.

3. joopajoo

joopajoo New Member

After upgrading to 2.2, my BT connection with the Ford Mondeo handsfree system started to randomly drop off.
    The connection stays on for couple of minutes and then drops off.
    I have manually to disengage the BT from my HTC Desire and then reconnect.
    I have to do this each time I want to make an handsfree phone call.

4. justobuff

justobuff New Member

I have the same issue with Bluetooth Streaming. Had no issues with bluetooth connection prior to update. I am using Pandora and Slacker. The timing of the drop seems random. Sometimes will happen after 5 minutes sometimes 20. After the connection is lost I have to manually reconnect. When I try simply toggling bluetooth on and off the device also does not reconnect. I have tried reseting connection with bluetooth device and soft reseting handset. I have seen a few other posts with people having the same problem, but haven't found a solution. Would prefer not to have to hard reset. I have been using bluetooth streaming since I got the Droid in November 09 with no other similar issues.