• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root android 2.2 and bluetooth keyboards?

greysight

May 20, 2010
ok... don't kill me if someone asked this already but i have not found the answer in my searches. Can someone tell me if the new android update allows bluetooth keyboard activity... I want to update but if i cannot get bt keyboard connections i think i will use a different rom.

What's the word?

first let me say that this didnt work. :(
my keyboard is a logitech MX5500
i think the phone doesn't keep an active connection going like my computers bt does so the keyboard gets confused and goes back into discovery mode.
probably because the phone doesnt have drivers to use a BT keyboard.
i really think that a custom rom or kernel could be made that would incorporate some linux based drivers for this, but i really dont know what im talking about when it comes to programming.

someone might be able to write a "keyboard" app that would keep the bt connection alive just like the wii remote app.

Upvote 0
Thanks for checking it out...but actually I was wondering about the mini bt keyboards. I have a freedom pro that I think would speed up my productivity when I am away from home but I can't get the crap to connect.

Maybe they have new drivers on the site.....I will check.

Do new drivers work with the Freedom Pro?
I need a keyboard but for $100 is has to work.

Please let us know.

Shofar

Upvote 0
Do new drivers work with the Freedom Pro?
I need a keyboard but for $100 is has to work.

Please let us know.

Shofar

I went to the site and they have new drivers....you must have a phone they actually work on. If you go to otadrivers.com or the freedom pro website....you can get the update. My keyboard still hasn't connected to my Droid...and you are right for the money spent it should work. But it has not worked for me yet

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones