Android 2.2 [Froyo] Bugs and Questions - Post em Here

Last Updated:

1. Eric Sorensen

Eric Sorensen New Member

But I can't get to the settings screen - as soon as I swipe the phone on, I get the force close notices one after the other. I've tried to re-load the update and it does the same thing.

Advertisement
  2. 23skidoo

23skidoo Member

Seems to work fine for me. New status screens, but other than that, no difference.
  3. glitch32

glitch32 Well-Known Member

It is strange, everything else works great, just that one issue so far. Maybe I should try re-installing it?
  4. 23skidoo

23skidoo Member

You've already rebooted at least once, after the update reboot, right?

I found this to be an important final step when I manually upgraded to 2.1, and I know at the very least it fixes a WiFi "problem" with this upgrade.
  5. kbjustin

kbjustin New Member

I can no longer sync my contacts from facebook. This is a problem as some of my friends in my contact list were synced to their facebook account and i no longer have any of their information. When i try to add a facebook account to sync it just kicks me back to the page before
  6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Hmmm, if you've flashed, you amy not have the old recovery anymore, else I would tell you to perform a factory wipe (data and cache).

Familiara with ADB and using your computer to do a factory reset?

Look closer....

Good advice

I have Pete's BB 0.4 and my FB synching did not stop at all.

Perhaps all the people updating to 2.2 caused FB servers some issues b/c of too many people synching contacts.

Try again tomorrow.
  7. johnlgalt

OK, folks, my turn for a break.

I'm hungry lol....
  8. glitch32

Yeah, I rebooted and did a battery pull to see if that would help.
    I'm going to try removing some applications like ADW to see if it was causing any issues...
  9. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

You might want to consider doing a factory reset..
    glitch32 likes this.
  10. glitch32

I'll try that next. Removing the ADW launcher didn't change anything. I also noticed that when I have it plugged in and restart it, it goes to the bootloader screen. That may be normal, I've never restarted it while it's plugged into something.
  11. swr2000

swr2000 Well-Known Member

My 3G signal appears to be wonky since I updated. Can't put my finger on it yet.
  12. Nidisa

Nidisa Well-Known Member

Many apps are missing from my download list in the market; importantly, Mobile Banking for Android.

I assume that it is because this (and other apps) are not functional with 2.2?
  13. kbjustin

kbjustin New Member

ok nevermind. I just had to change a setting in the facebook app and now it syncs my contacts
  14. johnlgalt

It shouldn't - if you tell it to reboot it shoud reboot.

How are you restarting it when plugged in?
  15. swr2000

Stupid question regarding the messaging app. Does anyone else find it annoying with the contact photos now that they don't populate your contact info?
  16. Sparky977

Sparky977 Well-Known Member

It did that for me at first too. I turned Wifi off, and back on. Its worked fine since.
  17. jkb458

jkb458 New Member

Got 2.2 loaded and working!!! Thanks!!!

However, now I cannot connect to my Exchange Mail account at work (was working perfectly prior to upgrade). If I enable SSL, it says that I can't establish a connection to the server (SSL was enabled prior to the upgrade). If I disable SSL, it immediately returns an invalid username/password combination. (And I've typed the username and password at least 20 times. I couldn't have gotten it wrong that many times...)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff
  18. johnlgalt

I show photos and person's name in all my Messages, where a photo is available....
  19. swr2000

I meant your individual photo. I have my friend's photo's but all of mine are the little android.
  20. johnlgalt

Umm, it is showing mine too, in conversations that I have with others.
  21. mobile1

mobile1 Well-Known Member

I also cannot get the Exchange SSL to work. (I already posted about it earlier too.) My guess is you cannot connect without SSL is the Exchange admin has forced SSL connections.
  22. swr2000

Do you have yourself in your contacts?
  23. johnlgalt

Yeah, that must be it lol. Never considered that....
  24. swr2000

Nevermind, it was an ical that autopulled.
  25. jonathansullivan

jonathansullivan Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice we now have signatures in the email app?