Android 2.2 (FroYo) & N1

Last Updated:

1. Mahyar

Mahyar Member This Topic's Starter

Hello guys,
    With a Nexus One, is it worth upgrading to 2.2? I have found some ROMs for 2.2 but they say its still buggy (like VPN won't connect/app2sd wont work).
    My questions:
    1- Is there any new rom that has those problems fixed?
    2- If I upgrade to 2.2, I can still root my phone and unlock the bootloader and install all apps from the market, right?
    3- Are there any themes for it?

Advertisement
  2. Mahyar

Mahyar Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone? Can you please also tell me that is there Cyanogen ROM or SuperBad rom availaible for froyo yet?

3. Jhenson49698

Jhenson49698 Active Member

There are many roms that have different features fixed or WIP to be fixed. Your best bet honestly is to check out XDA. If it's not fixed it will be soon. I am currently running a rom called Leofroyo rooted. It's amazing. Apps2SD work. I do not know about VPN as I don't use it(to be honest, I don't even know what it is). All apps that I have used/still use show up in the market.

Hope this helps.

4. fabler

fabler Well-Known Member

froyo is now officially announced.. check for an update.

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Worth is always highly subjective, regardless of topic. We can't tell you if it's worth worth it to you or not though it should be pushed OTA for the N1 soon if it hasn't already.

6. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

Mine was pushed OTA yesterday and it is very worth it. I hope OP just waited for it instead of going with the ROM. (Unless he actually wanted more than just 2.2)