Android 2.2 Froyo on Motorla droid

Last Updated:

1. lacount

lacount Member This Topic's Starter

Can ANYONE give me instructions on how to install android 2.2 on my droid? steps say i have to be rooted and use all these nandroid backups and sprecovery and all this jazz. i looked up some sprecovery stuff, its kind of complicated i think i could do it i just dont trust much cuz i dont wanna brick my droid. can anybody who has done it please explain to me how to in good detail so i can have froyo on my droid please somebody explain to me every step from just the 2.1 update1 i have on my phone, to android 2.2 froyo the one that came out june 5th for download

Advertisement
  2. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

3. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/82742-all-new-guide-all-things-root-related.html

If the rooting process is too complicated or you aren't comfortable with it then you might want to wait until the official update comes out. It's virtually impossible to brick (make it completely unfixable) your Droid but you can make a mess of it to the point where you need to know what you are doing to fix it - or need to spend hours asking question after question on the forums of people that DO know what they are doing.

I should also mention that a simpler way to install 2.2 will probably soon be available through something like ROM Manager, but you still have to root your phone.

4. lacount

lacount Member This Topic's Starter

thank you Nstallion that was some advice i was looking for, i was looking for a 2.2 just like.. update.zip similar to when i manually updated to 2.1, i know how to root, i just want it to be for good reason, and if i could simply use rom manager like that i definitely would. thank you your advice is very appreciated

5. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Well if you have no problems rooting then just head to the Droid root forums because there are a few threads on the front page with 2.2 based ROMs you can install. As far as I know they are not update.zips right now and you'll have to do a nandroid restore.