Android 2.2 Froyo on Motorola Droid

Last Updated:

1. lacount

lacount Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 29, 2010
    Can ANYONE give me instructions on how to install android 2.2 on my droid? steps say i have to be rooted and use all these nandroid backups and sprecovery and all this jazz. i looked up some sprecovery stuff, its kind of complicated i think i could do it i just dont trust much cuz i dont wanna brick my droid. can anybody who has done it please explain to me how to in good detail so i can have froyo on my droid please somebody explain to me every step from just the 2.1 update1 i have on my phone, to android 2.2 froyo the one that came out june 5th for download

2. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Go into the All About Root subforum and read about how to root 2.1. It should involve using RSD Lite to flash a .SBF file. Once you're done following that guide you'll be rooted and you can make a Nandroid backup in SPRecovery, and then use SPRecovery to do a Nandroid restore of the Froyo ROM which is also available in the All About Root subforum.
  3. crackdroid1

crackdroid1 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    For video on how to do it, go here. (This will take you to the same thread as the next link, but this takes you directly to the videos on how to do it.

For written instructions, go here. I have done it and I am running Nexbeast 1.1 on my Droid. (It's a ROM with an awesome interface.)

Also, do you have the file ready to flash? It can be found here.

Hope this helps you!