Android 2.2 problems for the Nexus One (post them here)Support

Last Updated:

1. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so...FroYo has been officially released. However, people are still having the same problems on the standard rom and with no fix. The only thing that should draw you to FroYo is the flash player on the browser, because ADW launcher does the job just fine. However the choice is yours to downgrade and I will leave all existing problems up for the latest build. I will update when Cyanogen gets his build up and running. Cheers and I will do my best to continue to monitor this and list fixes I can think of or anything else.
    Possible fixes will be listed in red

*Known Issues*
    -Battery life is fail.
    -3g connection sucks
    -Devs still have not made the apps able to be installed on the SD card.
    -Flash does not work on some websites (Surprise?)
    Wifi and Mobile network functions sometimes fail to start or connect. A possible (I mean VERY possible I'm just giving my own idea here) is reflashing the rom, or resetting up the APNs. I'm not sure how well this will work, but if you are absolutely desperate and can't live without FroYo this may be your best bet.

http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-nexus/85776-problems-2-2-old-thread.html
    This is the old post, there are a few issues discussed in here, though please do not post in the old one.

"I want the old rom back!" Well to each his own. 10/May ERD79 -> EPF21B - Stock ROM for Nexus One images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure / himem) - Android @ MoDaCo
    that contains the stock rom images if I am not mistaken. Go download the lasted Eclair build and ull be good.

I'll also repost this if there are still many confusions in the official release of 2.2. Don't like the issues? Well go get cyanogenmod. Same thing, just requires root, and much better.

Advertisement
  2. chistery

chistery Well-Known Member

Flash not working is not a Froyo issue, but an app issue?

3. mudrock1000

Explain, because Flash may not be as good as the Froyo version on Desire build, but mine runs pretty good. I Just group flash into froyo since it's part of it.

4. inspiron41

inspiron41 Well-Known Member

yah that's not a froyo issue. i just found my first app where the developer actually enable store to SD. Bejewel!

5. mudrock1000

Well I know that much, thats the reason I said the devs haven't done that. otherwise people are going to ask that as well.

6. justdoit

justdoit Well-Known Member

For some reason my N1 reboots a lot more than it did and 3 or 4 times I've had to remove the battery owing to the handset losing network data connection (O2 UK)

7. afonja

afonja Well-Known Member

Since I installed Froyo I noticed this:
    - 3g connection improves
    - no difference to battery life
    - flash IS working

Am I doing something wrong?

8. Bazan

Bazan New Member

I haven't had any problems. Flash works fine, battery is actually better than it was before. 3g works just fine as well.

9. StarMenace

StarMenace Well-Known Member

I usually have my phone on vibrate; however, the past couple of days I put the ringer on and have noticed that incoming calls do not ring but all other notifications (email, texts, etc.) come through. I've tried restarting, removing the battery (and SIM), but still no calls are ringing. It's the same when dialing to both my main number and my Google Voice number.

10. StarMenace

StarMenace Well-Known Member

I just figured out my calls not riniging issue... It has to do with GBlocker. When I disabled it everything worked normally but when it's enabled it doesn't allow the calls to ring. Only an issue since updating to 2.2 though.

11. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I sometimes have to switch "Use 2G Networks Only" on and off to restore 3G.

I also find that the browser whilst normally faster, does not load web pages at all even though the loading bar has completed.

12. justdoit

justdoit Well-Known Member

The problem I have is I lose all carrier data connection both 2g and 3g - No icon in the info bar, no data downloadable other than from wi-fi unless I pull the plug completely. I didn't even get data back when this 1st happened until I messed about with the apn's to resolve that part of it.

13. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Froyo has been great for me, up until today... woke up this morning to a different alarm tone. Odd.

Checked all notifications, every custom audio one (alarm, ring tone, message tone) had been randomised :confused:

14. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

It's bloody done it again!

15. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

If you're having issues with viewing some Apps on the market, this might explains why:

Source: Copy-Protected Apps Disappearing From Froyo-Enabled Phones | Android Phone Fans

From XDA, this seems to be the solution: [MOD] Fix Protected Apps not Showing on FroYo - xda-developers

16. MaFi0s0

MaFi0s0 Member

A way to improve battery life with 3G is to dial *#*#4636#*#* go into phone information, scroll down and change the setting to GSM auto (PRL).
    This stops the radio for constantly scanning for a better signal and instead gets its decision from a list if your service provider supports the function.

17. nrowensby

nrowensby Member

Just did this... will update if I see any change in battery life... Also, I never used 2.1, but I must say... I am quite happy with the N1 on 2.2 since swapping over from being an iPhone user since the release of the 1st gen iPhone...

18. mudrock1000

Well it may have to do with the FroYo radio. If someone can post purely the radio update I'll take the plunge and try it on my android build. Cyanogen doesn't seem to have it on his website unless I missed it >.>

19. mudrock1000

For some reason that happens to some n1's randomly. I'm trying to fix it with r22 at the moment >.> Just give it time. I mean its not like you NEED froyo right now...do ya :p. Push comes to shove just downgrade back to 2.1 .

20. xavier7

xavier7 New Member

Do you guys notice after updating to Froyo, when the Video Record button is pressed, the "DING" sound is very loud, there is a static/glitch feel to it. As if the speakers are blown. I never notice this on 2.1 either on stock rom or Cyanogen Mod.

I noticed my System Volume is max - level 7. (checked using - AudioManager Widget v2.0.8 Application for Android | Multimedia) I lower it to level 2-3, and it becomes better, but this is because the volume is lower.

21. nomad33fw

nomad33fw New Member

I went from CM 5.0.6 to 2.2 and noticed the following;
    Pro's
    It's fast, more RAM is available.
    Apps2SD works great once you enable it.
    Flash makes more sites work correctly.

Con's
    Touch pad issues are back, where the screen indicates it was touched lower then actual. Have to reboot at least once a day because of this.
    Many Apps in the market don't appear, this should be corrected when a real release comes out.
    The radio is horrible. Places where I had Edge before do not even have voice now.
    Random force closes, this may be due to incompatibility of apps.

Anyway, I went back to CM 5.0.7 and will patiently wait for a CM version of 2.2 or even better would be a Sense UI version of 2.2 from the desire or incredible.

22. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

Big thing I have a problem with is going from one place to another (such as my place to my parents) and the Wifi not kicking on. I have turn it off and then back on for it to grab the signal. I'm hoping the official build will fix this.

23. iwan.jayamas

iwan.jayamas New Member

i have manually upgrade to froyo recently, notice that the browser open slower than before 2.1. And sometimes force close some applications, Please help me to downgrade to the last official 2.1 version. thanks.

24. mudrock1000

check my original post. I'm updating it for a stock Rom image.

25. willymcd

willymcd Member

all this sounds weird. I've been on froyo for a while now and haven't had any of those problems, in fact I can't think of one thing that is worse now, everything seems better. Maybe it is because I unistalled all my apps before updating, then reinstalling them after. I think it must be some of the apps causing problems for people.