Android 2.2 Randomly opening apps?Support

Last Updated:

1. benblb

benblb Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I'm running Android 2.2 on my Nexus One. Applications like Fring, Qik, Slot Machine, Amazon MP3, Shop Savvy, Battery Time Lite, and Settings Profiles Full are opening at random. I'm use the "kill all" widget from Advanced Task Manager every time I put away my phone, but they randomly open. I don't use my phone too much throughout the day, but my battery is close to 50% by the end of the day. It is not a battery problem, however this is my second battery. (I got my first one replaced) My phone is not rooted. Any suggestions?

Any help would be great.

-Ben

Advertisement
  2. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

Try not running the task manager all the time. See if that helps. It's best not to kill stuff that isn't messed up.

3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I don't think it's Froyo 2.2 that's doing this for all of the apps mentioned. Amazon MP3 Store was always running in the back ground for me, if I kill it, it'll open again a couple of minutes later. Go into the Amazon MP3 Setting and unselect the 'monitor connection' that allows it to auto start. Is Battery Time Lite a widget or is it beging used to constantly monitor your battery? If so, that explains why it auto start. I don't know about the other apps. ShopSavy doesn't have an auto start feature so don't know why it starts up again when you've killed it. I don't use the other apps...so can't explain those either.

benblb likes this.
  4. benblb

The task killer is a widget, and when I click it, it kills everything, even its own program. Thanks for the help with Amazon MP3 though. :)

5. Roze

No problem :)

I hope you put system apps on the ignore list when you kill everything : < And if you're using widgets, put them on ignore list as well, no point in killing them as the CPU will just load them back instantly.

Also, if you haven't read why you don't need a task killer with Android OS, this is a good thread: http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-evo-4g/85554-task-killers-must-read-new-android-users.html

6. benblb

Thanks! I'm going to try to not use my task manager for awhile and see what happens.

7. Roze

:D If you see a decrease in performance and go back to task killer, just remember to use it effectively :)