Android 2.2 Screen LockSupport

Last Updated:

1. jordonshaw

jordonshaw Active Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe somebody has already posted this; however, I wanted to ask. I upgraded to 2.2 this morning and after I did, it now ask for a PIN to unlock the screen. So, not only do I have to slide the lock over, I also have to enter a PIN. So, I went into settings and was going to turn it off; however, the option to turn off the screen unlock security now says "Disabled by remote phone administrator".

What am I missing here? There has to be a way to turn that off. I can't see how they can force me to use a PIN to unlock my phone.

Thanks,
    Jordon

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Do you have Exchange configured on the phone? Some companies force mandatory PIN's as part of their Exchange policies. To eliminate the PIN you've basically got to delete the Exchange account from the phone.

3. jordonshaw

jordonshaw Active Member This Topic's Starter

I do; however, it wasn't an issue prior to the upgrade to 2.2.

4. aohus

aohus Well-Known Member

this is a known 2.2 issue. only solution would be to install 'No Lock' from the google marketplace. that would remove that additional screen lock.

hope this helps.

5. landale

landale Well-Known Member

If your exchange server doesn't require a PIN then all you need to do is remove the account. Turn off the PIN security and then re-add it. It won't require a PIN now.

6. MalikBear

MalikBear Well-Known Member

This is a sure fire method, oddly tho.. Does not work for the D2

7. heber

heber Guest

Simply removing the email account and setting it back up was not enough for me. On my phone (samsung intercept), under the location and security settings there is an option called 'Select device administrators'. If I go into that and remove all the administrators I can then go in and set the screen lock to 'none'.