Android 2.2 Seperate Calendars (Corp + Gmail) Possible?Support

Last Updated:

1. okp3

okp3 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

Long-time lurker here making my first post. I tried doing a search but wasn't able to find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I downloaded Android 2.2 this morning. Note: I did not attempt to sync my
    "corporate" microsoft exchange calendar before today so I have no knowledge of how this may have worked on Android 2.1. I believe I read somewhere that 2.1 allowed for separate or multiple calendars.

I just set up my "Corporate Sync" account today on my stock Droid X and it merged all of my work's Calendar events (via exchange) with my Personal Gmail Calendar events into one calendar.

I'd prefer to keep these things calendars separate as it's hard enough to not think about work when I'm not at home!

I have 2 Questions:

(1) Does anyone know if there is a way to have two separate calendars (i.e. one for work, and one personal)?

(2) If I add an event to my Google Calendar will it sync to my Corporate Calendar? I'm assuming No since I don't think it does it in the opposite manner (e.g. Corporate calendar doesn't sync to Google Calendar).

Jorte also merged all my Work events and Personal events together despite the settings only stating that it will only sync my Google Calendar. So I can't use Jorte and Google to view Personal and Work calendars that way.

Advertisement
  2. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

This isn't exactly what you were looking for, but if you going into the settings of the calendar, you can select which calendar you are looking at, be it Gmail or Exchange.

3. okp3

okp3 Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I've been using that method to "hide" my work calendar on my phone. Every time I want to look at my work calendar I go into the settings and change that option to make my work calendar visible. It's a minor annoyance but at the time I wrote the OP I assumed that any new smartphone would have this option and that I was just missing something.

I thought I read somewhere that stock froyo allows you to have multiple calendar views even though the DX doesn't allow you to do that. Hopefully this gets updated in the future.

Thanks for replying!

4. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

When you add an event to your calendar there should be an option at the top to set which calendar it is being added to. I use three separate calendars this way as well as my university calendar which is on Ecxchange. Hope that helps.

5. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

As long as you don't sync the outside calenders between each other, the events should show up in different colors for each calender. You can set up the sync options via app drawer > calender > hard menu button > more > calenders...you'll see the different colors and options to make each synced, visible, not synced, and not visible.

But, I don't know of a way to have individual calenders.

6. GregTard

GregTard Well-Known Member

You could use a third party calendar app.

7. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member