Android 2.2 update and bugsSupport

Last Updated:

1. b34ch

b34ch New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey!

I recently updated my Galaxy S i9000 from android 2.1 to 2.2, in Finland..
    Anyway, after I updated to 2.2 and first had to do a factory reset to get Android Market back.
    I

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

Just do a factory reset on your phone. It's a known issue.

3. JiMMaR

JiMMaR Well-Known Member

I believe that from his post it states he already done a factory reset
    I can't help you with all your issues , but from what I noticed is that in the contacts , if you don't have any contact with a certain letter , it shows as a dot

4. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

There's a "little" bug with Contacts in 2.1, no groups. Is that fixed? Seeing all your groups with nothing in them is a bug and should be easy to fix. Another device (HTC) on my google account shows working groups so it is a Samsung bug. While they are free to make all those proprietary apps that I don't want what I do expect is that the google apps work as designed. If simple things written by google such as contacts and calendar don't work on this phone much less the 2.2 update then it is a serious problem.

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

My bad. He mentioned the market bug again afterwards, so I forgot about the first part.

6. goughy

goughy Well-Known Member

I hard reset after updating my phone and when I added my account my google groups all appeared and I'm very happy with that. I think you can also set which phone book (phone, sim or google) and which calendar (phone or google) it defaults to when adding entries. That was the only reason I was using a 3rd party calendar app as my entries were defaulting to the phone calendar and that was bugging me.

7. battmro

battmro New Member

Hi, I have the same issue with Android 2.2 Letters :b,e,h,k,n,q,t,w are missing. And I have contacts with b,e,h,n,t. I tries several display option (first name/ last name), I added a new contact starting with "b" as "google" contact and still letter is not displayed. (I thought it was because almost all my contacts are "phone" type copied from SIM, some of them having only one "name" )

I also noticed that browsing contacts is not moving so smooth as with 2.1 especially "History" browsing.
    Thank you,