• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android 2.2 Update from 2.1 -update1 EPF21B

ashindore

Jun 10, 2010
hi,

I have a Nexus One with Android 2.1 -update1 Build # EPF21B. I am using this in India. I need to find out a couple of things :

1. How do I find out if my N1 is rooted or not.

2. Whether my N1 qualifies for a Android 2.2 update ?

- If no, how do I make it qualify ?

- If yes, when do I get the update ?

Any help and info in this regard would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Amit

28sv3nq.jpg

But really, if you didn't notice the lock yet without having to see a picture, I'm guessing your phone isn't rooted ;)

Reactions: ashindore
Upvote 0
hi folks,

I just downloaded this Android 2.2 FRF85 package from http://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-ota-42745.dc39ca1f.zip.

Engadget says this package will update any Android Build. As you know I have the EPF21B build.

I used the steps for manual update

1. power down
2. power up with volume down pressed
3. recovery
4. volume up + power
5. apply sdcard:update.zip

I get the signature verification failed error.

Why am I getting the god-damned signature error when my phone is not rooted ??

I have 2 questions : Will the package that I downloaded from the google servers work on the epf21B build ?

- Amit

Upvote 0
hi folks,

I just downloaded this Android 2.2 FRF85 package from http://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-ota-42745.dc39ca1f.zip.

Engadget says this package will update any Android Build. As you know I have the EPF21B build.

I used the steps for manual update

1. power down
2. power up with volume down pressed
3. recovery
4. volume up + power
5. apply sdcard:update.zip

I get the signature verification failed error.

Why am I getting the god-damned signature error when my phone is not rooted ??

I have 2 questions : Will the package that I downloaded from the google servers work on the epf21B build ?

- Amit
will it work from 2.1 update 1?

*unlocked bootloader/stock recovery and OS

Upvote 0
freakstylo

As far as I know, the update for EPF21B has not been pushed out by Google yet:(

If you really want to get 2.2, you are going to have to unlock the bootloader (voids warranty) and apply the new build image manually. There are plenty of guides on the net detailing how to do this.

I got fed up waiting and did this especially after I found out vodafone were going to mess things up in 2.2!

Its not as scary as it sounds and only took about 20 minutes. Although it wipes your phone, as long as everything is backed up to Googles servers all your settings automatically get re-applied when you set up your gmail account. All my emails, contacts even apps all came back after I upgraded.

Finally, not all apps can be installed on your SD card as its up to the developer to implement this in their apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones