Android 2.2 update

Last Updated:

1. Droid7

Droid7 Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if the 2.2 update is going to bring HTC sense along with the support of flash player? And if so, is that how I acquire this weather widget?>>>>[follow link]> http://www.gadgetsdna.com/motorola-droid-running-android-2-1-and-htc-sense/1572/>>

Thank you in advance...

Advertisement
  2. Not Steve

Not Steve Member

Are you asking if stock 2.2 is going to include Sense or are you asking if your particular 2.2 update is going to include it?

If you're asking about a 2.2 update for the Moto Droid, then no, Sense isn't coming- That's an HTC option. Some similar features are included in 2.2, but Sense is not, as a whole, coming with 2.2.

If you're asking about a 2.2 update for the Nexus One, it's incredibly unlikely you'll get Sense, but since the device was manufactured by HTC, there's a slight glimmer of hope, and in that case I expect it'd likely be an option requiring a forced upgrade rather than being included in the OTA update.

3. Gibbs

Gibbs Active Member

Seeing as you have a Moto Droid, no 2.2 will not have sense UI. If you had a droid running sense UI (like the Incredible) then yes, but not as quickly since its a custom UI and not stock vanilla android.

4. Droid7

Droid7 Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you...cleared it up for me....one part of my question still not answered, how do I get that weather/clock widget u see on the link in my original post....

5. Gibbs

Gibbs Active Member

the link answered it for you. they flashed the droid with the desire rom and a lot of things don't work right. however, just search the marketplace for clock widgets. there are a few of them that look like the sense UI clock/weather widget.