Android 2.3.1 for Nexus S

1. Rockkyyy

Rockkyyy Member

Hi

I am new this forum. Have Nexus S - saw this news in engadget

Nexus S gets its first update over the air -- Engadget

I did not get any notification to install the updates. I also tried to dial *#*#checkin#*#* it did not work.

Has any one tried this here ? How can I install the updates.

I am not sure if there is already a thread to discuss the same.

Thanks..

Advertisement
    :
  2. czechplastik

czechplastik Well-Known Member

Menu > settings > about phone > system updates.

The 'about phone' menu will also tell you what software version you are currently running. If you need to update 'system updates' is how to do it.
    Rockkyyy likes this.
  3. Rockkyyy

Rockkyyy Member

Thank you , but not update for me.
  4. czechplastik

czechplastik Well-Known Member

What does it say your software version is now? Just 2.3? It may be that they have pulled the update, I know they are planning to release another one soon to fix a few issues.
    Rockkyyy likes this.
  5. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

Rockkyyy likes this.
  6. naths

naths Well-Known Member

Have a look on the "about phone",menu>settings>about phone,and look at the build version, and if it says anything like "userdebug 2.3 GRH55" you need to contact this chap at Google to get it sorted for you..Nick nnk@google.com.
    This is a development/engineering build of gingerbread and will not allow any updates either OTA or manual...if you contact nick at google i believe he can sort it.....hope this helps:)
    Rockkyyy likes this.
  7. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Also, the System Updates menu only shows updates which have been received and are waiting to execute.

For example you may have got the OTA notification when you were out and about but chose the install later option if you had limited battery etc. It would then show up in System Updates.
    Rockkyyy likes this.
  8. Rockkyyy

Rockkyyy Member

The phone status shows 2.3.1 now , not sure when the updated happened really and the build number show GRH78.

Thank you all :)
  9. xs301

xs301 Well-Known Member

Edit: I figured it out, thanks.

I had to send my phone back to Google for a repair and they sent it back to me wiped clean. It now has version 2.3 with build GRH55. Did anyone else email that guy and get their phone fixed by him?
    Mr Nexy likes this.
  10. Ebbe

Ebbe Member

Live in Denmark. Bought nexus s from intlo.com. Received it 9th of March. Works with my DK 3 sim. Still has version 2.3.1, build GRH78. No OTA for me. Can I expect OTA from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2 and then to 2.3.3 or what?

Thanks for any help
    Ebbe