• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3.3 Pull-Down Menu

vdub1980

Aug 29, 2012
Hi all

I sold my old phone and am now borrowing a Sony Experia X10i and I factory reset the phone because I wanted a fresh install. The person who had it before said that it used to have a drop-down menu like the Galaxy S3/Note but it's no longer there? Could my factory reset have cleared this?

It's really handy and it drives me nuts having to go through the menu's to access apps that I could normally just "pull down" the screen to access.

I've googled this but there are people saying that the standard ROM (non ICS) doesn't include the drop down menu and that I need a custom ROM, but the menu was there when the phone was new?

Can anyone help me restore this please? If it's not possible, is there a free app that I can install that has exactly the same icons and the ICS ROM?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones