1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Android 2.3 & 4.0 WiFi Internet HD 1080P HDMI Google TV Box ARM Cortex A9 Firmware

1. unknown26

unknown26 New Member

[​IMG]
    Updated 6 September2012

Android 4.0.4
    - Google Android 4.0 ARM Cortex A9 1GHz WiFi HD 1080P HDMI Internet TV Box Black
    Older Version(c03ref)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yicjsuik2bvclqn

Latest Version Updating...

Android 4.0.4 - Google Android 4.0 ARM Cortex A9 1GHz WiFi HD 1080P HDMI Internet TV Box Black
    Older Version(f16ref)
    [/B]http://www.mediafire.com/?khci3b1tm4b5c3e

Latest Version Updating...

Check you device model with this apk
    http://www.mediafire.com/?j4hcv07oxu6kfrr

Android 2.3
    - Google Android 2.3 ARM Cortex A9 1GHz WiFi HD 1080P HDMI Internet TV Box Black (Tested on ATV-108 device.) Flash to 4.0 and then flash to 2.3. You will see failed to write ethernet mac address which is completely fine. Just reboot the device and it should be working. (Not sure if this is the latest
    latest 2.3 firmware.rar

2.3 Board is ATV-101
    4.0 Board is ATV-108 There is a Rev1 (c03ref) & Rev2 (f16ref)

Advertisement
    :
  2. hansmaiser

hansmaiser Active Member

3. jmcuts

jmcuts New Member

Thanks for the info Unknown26 and Hansmaiser. I too have the above android box. I have tried both firmwares and they both work OK (mine was shipped with ICS 4.0.3)

ICS is definately alot quicker and smoother. Youtube is fantastic. The only issue i have is with flash player in browser. I cannot load any streaming video via the any browser. Opera browser gets close but doesnt play.

I downgraded to 2.3 to test the flash issue, it worked better on 2.3 but still not great (nearly unwatchable), in fact i went back to 4.0 because this rom is so much smoother.

hopefully the next update will fix these issues.

Unknown26 where are you getting your info about the updates from? lets make this thread into all firmware updates etc.

cheers!
  4. gicapp

gicapp New Member

Hi

About this box, could i make the box load a streaming video before all options appear?

Have any way to make this work?
  5. superdanny

superdanny New Member

Hello,

I also have this box, but can't upgrade firmware.

Could someone tell me more precisely what is the procedure?

For the moment, I keep the reset button pressed, unplug power supply, plug it back, and when I see the light blinking three times, I release the reset button, and plug the SD card.

Result is that I see the message "can't mount /dev/sda1", and the factory reset is performed.

I have the image files on my sdcard.

What might be wrong in what I'm doing?
  6. zuluman

zuluman New Member

for this device cmw avalible?
  7. garfo77

garfo77 New Member

I have this box with the 2.3 rom but it is not rooted. How do i root it? Z4root didn
  8. superdanny

superdanny New Member

I am still in trouble to update firmware of my atv-101 box.
    I tried to upload ROM with several SD cards, in fat16 and fat 32.
    None were recognized.
    I tried to upload update.zip with adb without success.

Does someone know how to flash a recovery image that will detect update.zip on sdcard or anywhere else?

When I try to run fastboot with any update.zip, system simply does a factory reset.

Any help?
  9. zuluman

zuluman New Member

10. zuluman

zuluman New Member

does android 2.3 succesfull mount sdcard ?
  11. icyfire001

icyfire001 New Member

Recently received the ATV-108 with 4.03 ICS28FEB. My question is if anyone has checked the CPU speed? Mine was maxed at 750 MHz and the sys check app says its an A7. But MBX ICS VS-2.

Also, has anyone successfully rooted this. Instructions available? Thanks.
  12. matinaki

matinaki Well-Known Member

Hi guys
    Recently received the ATV-108 with 4.0 but..not possible to find in menu subtitles language adjustments.
    Now, on all videos subtitles are..chinese..!! :stupido:
    Someone to help me?
    Thanks in advance
  13. 2pac

2pac New Member

the title description is Android TV Box 4.0 ARM Cortex A9 WiFi HD 1080P HDMI Internet TV Box DDR II 512M 2GB+3D+Flash 10.1
    I bought this product which arrived today. It looks like the android tv atv108 from visson ( same box, external appearance...etc)
    When I plugged in, it picked up straight away my wifi but cannot maintain the connection, it keep cycling through:
    getting IP addresses
    connect (briefly)
    saved status
    When I click on the network to connect, nothing happens and remain in "saved" status.
    Although my home network works well with my dasktop, laptop, tablet Galaxy Tab, android phones...I did tried on
    different channel ( Auto-> 11 -> 1) no improvement.
    I tried several disconnect, no change...
    I even reset to original manufacturer .. no change

one guy wrote ell, in between time, the vendor has provide me with a new firmware (4 23 3.0 firmware) and it works!:D
    so now the details are:
    model: MBX ICS VS-2 --> MBX.VISSON 2.0 Board
    Android version: 4.0.3 (Unchanged)
    Kernel version: 3.0 -->3.02
    Build number: ICS-MBX.20120225 -->ICS-MBX.20120422

somebody knows from which website can i download this firmware ????? please heeelp
  14. cuhullainn

cuhullainn New Member

akaman likes this.
  15. shoht1

shoht1 New Member

I used the instructions above, my device is dead!
    Any suggestions?
    Please ... Help ...
  16. dosiki

dosiki Member

Hi,

have you any experience about bluetooth pairing between a wii Remote and a Geniatech Enjoy TV - (Android 2.3 MyGica 20111104 fw)

Bluetooth dongle is OK, discovering OK, but pairing is failed, i don't know what is the code. Normally Wii Remote has no code, but this situation I need to input someting to...

Thanx in advance.
  17. icyfire001

icyfire001 New Member

18. cocopera2k

cocopera2k New Member

i upload the new firmware, in 3 days the atv-108 is bricked,i active de MNT with the Pc and does not start when I rebooted.

I tried reinstalling the firmware from the SD, but does absolutely nothing to update. The TFT screen is black. Also when I turn both lights are always fixed and not blink.

My question would be, I can flash the rom from my pc? or is it not a rom problem?. It has broken something?

If I had to flash the rom? As you would.
  19. ArthurH

ArthurH New Member

Can it play music (airplay) from a iPhone? Or is there a app for it?
  20. todorjan

todorjan New Member

I made update ATV-108 for these queries and all works perfectly. Corrected some bugs, flash works, youtube also. On Vimeo is a video can not open or hear the sound but no picture. Over Imediashare applications (for TVs with DLNA protocol) you can browse Engadget and many other videos. The device now works much better and more stable.
  21. turbopropello

turbopropello New Member

did u update to Android 4.0 and flash works?
    have u tested DTS sound?
    what update did u use?

:D
  22. matinaki

matinaki Well-Known Member

Hi guys
    How to change subtitles on ATV-108 with 4.0.3?
    All are chinese..
    I do not find such option on settings.
    Anybody knows?
  23. todorjan

todorjan New Member

24. maxsim

maxsim New Member

Anyone successfully getting Wireless Mouse with USB dongle to work on the android box.

Mine seems to work for a while and stop or at times, does not work at all.
    Using wired mouse is fine.

I am having
    MBX VISSON 2.0 Board
    Android 4.03
    Kernel 3.02
    Build
    ICS.MBX20120504

Regds
    Max
  25. todorjan

todorjan New Member

I use RII mini wireless keyboard and works great.