• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3 & 4.0 WiFi Internet HD 1080P HDMI Google TV Box ARM Cortex A9 Firmware

hi,
I am facing the Wifi problem like grindinonyourm too , try other router still remain , grindinonyourm do you solve your problem yet ?

When I connect to 802.11g with a good clear channel and wep or wpa, I get good signal and it holds..but it might drop. It needs more testing. But when I use 802.11n @ 150mbs and use 802.11n encryption settings for wpa, as I use the connection, it's fine. Then I slam it watching some streaming video or HD movie from my network share, and at some point the signal strength starts dropping until its gone. But the network never disconnects. It just loses all signal and sits there. Then I turn off wifi in android, turn back on, wait a few seconds and it reconnects and is good to go again. I wonder if it's like a inactivity timer disabling wifi because I haven't "touched" the screen for a while. But it's random and really hard to log..I'll dig the error out of logcat here later tonight and figure it out.

Upvote 0
How is it USB audio fixed ? Is there a new firmware I'm not aware or it's only fixed on your development one ?

Thanks.

USB Audio issue solved in development, I didn't release new fw yet. There is sdcard issue which needs to be solved. When I solve this I will upload new fw with USB audio, DVB-T stick support added (more of them, including Geniatech one, asked for here on the thread...) and Bluetooth dongle support. All of this is implemented in both c03ref and f16ref boards...

UPDATE: New fw for f16ref will be available tomorrow probably, solving 1080 issue with MoviePlayer. Everything else is ready.

Upvote 0
When I connect to 802.11g with a good clear channel and wep or wpa, I get good signal and it holds..but it might drop. It needs more testing. But when I use 802.11n @ 150mbs and use 802.11n encryption settings for wpa, as I use the connection, it's fine. Then I slam it watching some streaming video or HD movie from my network share, and at some point the signal strength starts dropping until its gone. But the network never disconnects. It just loses all signal and sits there. Then I turn off wifi in android, turn back on, wait a few seconds and it reconnects and is good to go again. I wonder if it's like a inactivity timer disabling wifi because I haven't "touched" the screen for a while. But it's random and really hard to log..I'll dig the error out of logcat here later tonight and figure it out.

I know that in Visson 04-23 fw for c03ref they did something to fix wifi issue (don't know which issue because I never had one). I will try to use their compiled driver instead of driver compiled by my kernel. If you have that fw, you can try replacing 8192cu.ko inside /system/lib folder.

Upvote 0
OK that's good news you found the sub problem , did you chek the picture flickering ?? on 1080p ?

To make some activity on the thread.... :)

1080 flickering solved, it was kernel related bug, and not so easy to locate... There is MoviePlayer app issue with subtutles and UI on 1080, hope it will be solved today.

Reactions: dzsozy and algadeed
Upvote 0
Hi Stane and everybody,

count a big + to Stone, and I'm IN to support him some more beer... :p

Some stupid questions

- is this fimrware works other Geniatech HW or just the Visson ATV-108?
- is there any supported DVB-T tuner? I have the Geniatech ATV1100 which has INTERNAL DVB-T tuner, but after installing the original Geniatech's ICS upgrade, it jus does not work. It user DVBPlayer app, which they says not supported in ICS yet
- I'm planning to switch this Visson ATV-108 HW, since Stane having a great support of it... :) but I should need a EXTERNAL USB DVB-T tuner, which maybe supported in Stane's firmware
- is there any USB 3G modem supported?
- is there any webcam supported? for skype in ICS....

Anywhay Stane, pls keep you work, it is awesome!

regards,

csab

Upvote 0
Hi Stane and everybody,

count a big + to Stone, and I'm IN to support him some more beer... :p

Some stupid questions

- is this fimrware works other Geniatech HW or just the Visson ATV-108?
- is there any supported DVB-T tuner? I have the Geniatech ATV1100 which has INTERNAL DVB-T tuner, but after installing the original Geniatech's ICS upgrade, it jus does not work. It user DVBPlayer app, which they says not supported in ICS yet
- I'm planning to switch this Visson ATV-108 HW, since Stane having a great support of it... :) but I should need a EXTERNAL USB DVB-T tuner, which maybe supported in Stane's firmware
- is there any USB 3G modem supported?
- is there any webcam supported? for skype in ICS....

Anywhay Stane, pls keep you work, it is awesome!

regards,

csab

Hi,
my fw works on Visson products only for now, I don't think anyone tested it against Geniatech.

Drivers available trough v4l of 2.6.34 kernel are included and should work (including Geniatech DVB-T stick mentioned in this thread), except I haven't found any proper dvb-t application for android. On V-Play download section you can find DroidTV which is in very early stage of development, just POC, but if proves that DVB is working on ICS (tested with Pinnacle 73e usb stick).

All webcams compatible with v4l should work. Some of them will work with native Camera app, some of them will not, but all should work with Skype eg. I myself tested it against Logitech C170, both camera and built-in microphone work in skype.

And yeah, fw with more dvb support i mentioned above is not released yet, I'm fixing some bugs yet, but if you plan to order your Visson, just do it, it will be released when your box arrives :)

UPDATE: Don't test it against Geniatech, I don't think that it is same reference board.... you may brick your device

Upvote 0
Hi,
my fw works on Visson products only for now, I don't think anyone tested it against Geniatech.

Drivers available trough v4l of 2.6.34 kernel are included and should work (including Geniatech DVB-T stick mentioned in this thread), except I haven't found any proper dvb-t application for android. On V-Play download section you can find DroidTV which is in very early stage of development, just POC, but if proves that DVB is working on ICS (tested with Pinnacle 73e usb stick).

All webcams compatible with v4l should work. Some of them will work with native Camera app, some of them will not, but all should work with Skype eg. I myself tested it against Logitech C170, both camera and built-in microphone work in skype.

And yeah, fw with more dvb support i mentioned above is not released yet, I'm fixing some bugs yet, but if you plan to order your Visson, just do it, it will be released when your box arrives :)

UPDATE: Don't test it against Geniatech, I don't think that it is same reference board.... you may brick your device

Hey Stane, is ther some special version of skype i gotta run to get video chat working? i have a cheap chinese driverless v4l compatible camera i got from amazon(posted link earlier in thread), it works in native camera app, but not in skype. i just get black screen in skype when i open my camera.

Upvote 0
Hey Stane, is ther some special version of skype i gotta run to get video chat working? i have a cheap chinese driverless v4l compatible camera i got from amazon(posted link earlier in thread), it works in native camera app, but not in skype. i just get black screen in skype when i open my camera.

Skype downloaded from Market (Play store)...

Upvote 0

As LeftyVz said, no special skype version, just downloaded from play store. Maybe to look in skype settings?

Also, LeftyVz tested Canyon webcam (don't know which model), and it behaves differently than Logitech C170 I used. Canyon gives picture in native Camera app and works with skype. Logitech works with skype but doesn't with native camera app.

Try to catch some error with logcat when staring skype and making video call.

You also can catch linux kernel log messages with firing dmesg in terminal or adb. I suggest to do that when device is booted and after you plug in your camera... maybe something is missing (firmware file).... that would be written in kmesg log...

Upvote 0
hi all just found your site and could do with a bit of help got my google box yesterday so now the details are:
model: MBX.VISSON 2.0 Board
Android version: 4.0.3 (Unchanged)
Kernel version: 3.02
Build number: ICS-MBX.20120521
it boots up ok i can get onto the internet but cant download any apps and any apps i d/l with pc are not recognised also the browser stops working if i try downloading so any sugestions are welcome
regards alan56

Upvote 0
Hi Stane, do you know if C270 has the same chip that C170 ? Because my Logitech C270 works on both applications (Skype and native cam) but with a significant delay on video image, very wrong exposure settings and of course, no audio (I have latest release firmware only).

Thanks.

Sorry, I don't know about chips used in cameras...

About new fw releases, I promised to fix reported issues and when all fixed, I will release new fw.

Probably, first new release will be for f16ref (m3 board), only problem left is MoviePlayer 1080 issue which I'm working on right now.

c03ref will wait a little bit longer, sdcard issue is not fixed yet and I figured it out I have built in microphone problem...

By the way, for all f16ref users: If you are experiencing issues with sdcard mount/unmount when device booted up (with my fw, probably with stock one too), you have older M3 board with hardware issue. If that feature is very important to you, here is solution (provided by Visson's engineer): R99 and R102 resistors needs to be removed (they are marked on pcb), after that you will have mounts/unmounts of sdcard working. Resistors are near sdcard slot, anyone who is going to do it must be very careful when desoldering those resistors.... They are very small and close to other resistors.

Also, note: This is info on how to solve the issue, I'm not responsible to any damage that could be made by doing this. I had that problem and deslodering resistors as told by Visson engineer solved the issue.

Upvote 0
hi all just found your site and could do with a bit of help got my google box yesterday so now the details are:
model: MBX.VISSON 2.0 Board
Android version: 4.0.3 (Unchanged)
Kernel version: 3.02
Build number: ICS-MBX.20120521
it boots up ok i can get onto the internet but cant download any apps and any apps i d/l with pc are not recognised also the browser stops working if i try downloading so any sugestions are welcome
regards alan56

Install DeviceChecker from V-Play download section just to confirm that your board is f16ref (which I believe it is), but just to be sure.

Then download and install latest Visson's f16ref firmware (ICS.MBX.20120629) available here. If you experiencing same issues with this firmware, contact your reseller for device replacement. How to install firmware on ATV-108 you have in FAQ on top of Android TV forum (sticky).

Reactions: alan56
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones