• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3 & 4.0 WiFi Internet HD 1080P HDMI Google TV Box ARM Cortex A9 Firmware

how i will now my cpu is compatable or not
how to check this no c03ref ? where to find my setbox
I am having
MBX VISSON 2.0 Board
Android 4.03
Kernel 3.02
Build

I'm pretty sure that your box is ATV-108 c03ref, but for you to be sure, download from market ES Task Manager and navigate to About Phone -> System tab. There you should see info about your box.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Guys - a few questions before I bite the bullet on this...if I missed a thread with the answers to the questions somewhere, please kindly direct me there :)

Is this the box I should pick up - http://www.amazon.com/Google-Android-Amlogic-Cortex-Internet/dp/B006028CNY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_3
Does Amazon Instant Video work on it, i.e. via the browser?
How is the app experience, i.e. apps downloaded from the market? Do they see it as a tablet?

Good device if you're asking me :) It seems it's M3 board (according to product description) - Amlogic AML8726M3. Stable, software needs more finetuning, but very good product. Runs at 1 GHz, more than 3 Gb of internal storage...

Upvote 0
ok stane1983, so if the xvid movie is contained within an AVI file, then it plays back in the amlogic player no problems. If the movie is an MKV with a xvid movie track then the player says unsupported format. i have some MKV's that are actually xvid for the video inside with ac3 audio. the audio plays fine. the xvid inside the mkv, not so much. side note, for MKV's with DTS audio(which is allot of them), i actually get sound but with the hissing noise every second. but allot of people dont get any sound. what files control this DTS codec? is it the DCA.bin or what?

Upvote 0
ok...so XVID is working except i got a few that just say unsupported format...what gives? i'll filter my logcat and figure this out...

Ok, give me your logcat and put somewhere example, I'll see where the problem is.

My firmware update: YouTube issue fixed, samba shares fixed (my UI), but not all functions included (automatic scanning is disabled for now), you have to enter your share info manually (ip/share/user/pass). Shares stay mounted when exiting UI... which means mounted network shares are visible with any file browser...

Will upload later.

Upvote 0
nice stane! very nice! man, i wish i had source code! so on my laundry list of bugs for ICS, there is still WIFI glitches occansionally, but mostly with 80211g networks from what i can tell. i got 80211n set up here, and it rarely drops connection. works great! but my 80211G router just drops and when it is connected, speedtest.net gives me .8Mbps internet speeds where my 80211n gives me 8-10Mbps. strange thing is when i connect up to 80211g, speedtest goes very well first time. 8Mbps. second time and every time thereafter, .8Mbps. so there's that glitch. there is the unlicensed DTS issue, but thats a visson or amlogic thing to fix really. there is netflix issues like no video or audio. and finally, my personal request of display standby timer being added back in so i can sleep my unit when a movie ends and have my projector sleep. I'll try to filter a logcat of the netflix issues for you so it isn't so crazy. btw, did you see the invalid motion action messages in my last logcat. like i said before, they never appeared in the visson firmware logs....i still have a mouse to use tho, just tons of log entries. also, if you got a contribution/donation page, you should post it up at this point, cos you are doing tons of coding work and forum users should maybe be willing to donate to you for your efforts. i would. especially if you can get netflix and sleep working right! you are awesome! i'll keep testing and logging.

Upvote 0
InputDispatcher Motion event has invalid action code 0x7

over and over again in the log whenever i move the pointer.

Yeah that annoys me too. Will see what's with that. I'm probably using some key layouts designed for m3. Will exclude them from my next build and we'll see what happens.

About donations, I have to check with my bank, not sure if I'm able to receive funds via paypal.

Upvote 0
Download Xvid unsupported file format 2 different videos.txt from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

log of XVid showing unsupported file format...one is an MKV, although its extension is AVI, doesnt matter, doesnt work either way. other is an AVI. VLC on my linux machine says they are both Xvid. and i can't figure out how to filter OUT what i don't want from logcat. i can filter what i DO want but not what i DONT want. AAARrRRFGGGGG...so sorry bout all the invalid action messages. as you can see tho, its an issue.

UPDATE:
http://androidforums.com/google-tv/408166-geniatech-enjoy-tv-28.html

like a neck and neck race for feature improvement with this thread. kinda funny.

Upvote 0
and DONT BELIEVE TOMTOP...its not M3! they are just like asia pads! (who got me for one already!) aliexpress.com and look for visson direct. kevin law. thats who you want. only source to trust at the moment if you want 8726m3.

THANK YOU for this. Its cheaper from them anyway. Will order from aliexpress.

Anyone care to comment on how apps look on a tv? Curious how an app from the market looks on a 40" or bigger TV...

Upvote 0
Download Xvid unsupported file format 2 different videos.txt from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

log of XVid showing unsupported file format...one is an MKV, although its extension is AVI, doesnt matter, doesnt work either way. other is an AVI. VLC on my linux machine says they are both Xvid. and i can't figure out how to filter OUT what i don't want from logcat. i can filter what i DO want but not what i DONT want. AAARrRRFGGGGG...so sorry bout all the invalid action messages. as you can see tho, its an issue.

UPDATE:
http://androidforums.com/google-tv/408166-geniatech-enjoy-tv-28.html

like a neck and neck race for feature improvement with this thread. kinda funny.

Interesting :D

My firmware is building from scratch now, will be online for 2-3 hours. Build environment have some issues.... After many package recompiles I'm missing some parts that should be in update.zip...

Upvote 0
New firmware release:

Download 20120529_Android_ICS-ATV-108-c03ref.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Changes:
- YouTube works
- Live wallpapers are installed
- Network app replaced with V.play networking (automatic scan does not work for now)

Superuser:
- su binary is installed with update, just download Superuser application from market.

Notes for V.play networking:
- Long press (or tap) on share will open dialog where you can edit or delete share
- Single press (or tap) on share will open contents of share in FileBrowser - FileBrowser is slightly modified to accept starting path parameter
- Shares are not unmounted when you close V.play networking activity, you can access all of them with any file browser on location /NetShares.

If any other questions, ask... and want some feedback on this app :)

Upvote 0
Download netflix trying to play but no audio and usually no video unless you let it buffer for a few minutes.txt from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

this is a logcat of main and events for netflix not working right on the new rom. from what i can see, it uses the amlogic video player, so there is hope that a change in some config switch might get this back on track. i tried my best to reduce the amount of input error messages to make the log a little more managable. otherwise, the new firmware is running great!

Upvote 0
Download netflix trying to play but no audio and usually no video unless you let it buffer for a few minutes.txt from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

this is a logcat of main and events for netflix not working right on the new rom. from what i can see, it uses the amlogic video player, so there is hope that a change in some config switch might get this back on track. i tried my best to reduce the amount of input error messages to make the log a little more managable. otherwise, the new firmware is running great!

Ok, thanx. I have an idea. I belive it's not the problem in amlogic's ffmpeg... hm.... stay tuned, it might work :)

Upvote 0
hi

what about USB Webcam is there any idea about supporting it in 4.0 android.
I believe it was having some support in 2.3.4

and about DTS audio any planing.
sorry for my bad English.
Stane1983 I tried your firmware but not least one and it have huge improve in speed and Stability thanks for your grad work.

one last do this android box support IR remote control ?

Upvote 0
ok stane 1983, new bug report:

Program: V.Play network app
Bug Method: Upon entering proper credentials, V play opens 'File Browser' with mounted netshare. browse netshare, then press 'directory up' button til SDCARD is reached. browse SDCARD. Now try to return to NETSHARE. gotchya! netshare is still mounted. can access with root explorer. but not file browser because of no root browser ability.
UPDATE: Also, once you leave netshare directory, you cannot return until a restart. reloading Vplay network app and entering share does nothing if you leave share.

Program: Live Google Maps Wallpaper
Bug Method: Select Live Map Wallpaper then access settings, then enable weather on live map, then nothing. There is no built in weather widget in ICS which is required for live map wallpaper.

Upvote 0
hi

what about USB Webcam is there any idea about supporting it in 4.0 android.
I believe it was having some support in 2.3.4

and about DTS audio any planing.
sorry for my bad English.
Stane1983 I tried your firmware but not least one and it have huge improve in speed and Stability thanks for your grad work.

one last do this android box support IR remote control ?

Thanx for appreciating my work, but hold on, I'll have my paypal donations link within 2 weeks.... :D

About IR, is sure supports it. Some suppliers of ATV-108 insisted IR receiver not to be in their device (info from Visson), so you might have one without it. If you do, then it supports it :) It should be working with IR remote received with the box.

About USB webcam... I never tested it 'cause I don't have any (have built in on my laptop), but it should work natively. It's kernel and Amlogic's implementation. Have to check that. There should be a list somewhere of webcams supported by Amlogic devices.

Will do test of DVBT USB sticks in near future, I own Pinnacle nanoStick 73e. For that device drivers do exists for android and linux, it should work... Will need testers for that :)

About Autoscan issue not enabled in my last firmware, it's enabled now and working. Will make some more fw updates and then will put it online.

About DTS and AC3, looking for solution. It was easy on 2.3.4, you just had to install ac3 license to efuse. On ICS it doesn't work that way...

Upvote 0
ok stane 1983, new bug report:

Program: V.Play network app
Bug Method: Upon entering proper credentials, V play opens 'File Browser' with mounted netshare. browse netshare, then press 'directory up' button til SDCARD is reached. browse SDCARD. Now try to return to NETSHARE. gotchya! netshare is still mounted. can access with root explorer. but not file browser because of no root browser ability.
UPDATE: Also, once you leave netshare directory, you cannot return until a restart. reloading Vplay network app and entering share does nothing if you leave share.

Program: Live Google Maps Wallpaper
Bug Method: Select Live Map Wallpaper then access settings, then enable weather on live map, then nothing. There is no built in weather widget in ICS which is required for live map wallpaper.

Networking and FileBrowser: Well noticed bug! Easy to fix... When I did back button (physical button on remote, keyboard) and Esc button handling, I forgot to do the same with folder up button in UI.

About maps wallpaper and widget will se, will include in next build.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones