1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Android 2.3.5 Stock UpdateSupport

1. jamesysilber

jamesysilber Active Member

I have found on a slovak website how to update your phone to 2.3.5. I live in Australia and I have tried it myself and it seems alright.

Here are the steps to update your phone:

1: Download the firmware from this website http://uloz.to/xwG3z5G/u8650-v100r001c05b859-rar

2: Extract the files from the download.

3: Put the dload folder from the download into your phone's sd card.

4: Look under Settings-Storage. Find Software Upgrade. Click on SD card upgrade. Do not forget to backup your files before you download.

5:Hit Confirm after backup. The update should take about 2 minutes. After this is done, your phone should be updated to 2.3.5

Enjoy trying it!
    :);)

Advertisement
    :
  2. cherwally

cherwally Member

mike_something likes this.
  3. cherwally

cherwally Member

Done the 2.3.5 update, smooth and quick!:)
    Everything seems fine, no extra bloatware applications added!
    I'll re-post if any problem will show on the near future!

:mad: DO NOT INSTALL this one:
    http://androidforums.com/huawei-sonic/524626-official-upgrade-android-2-3-5-u8650-sonic.html
    Just read my last two posts on that thread!
    emperor29 likes this.
  4. klsdream

klsdream Active Member

5. nusz

nusz Active Member

Hi,

after applying this update what language is in the ROM, is it still can use chinese language?
  6. mike_something

mike_something New Member

Awesome, all went to plan. Apart from the fact that when you do the update it allows you to do a backup, but I couldn't find any way to restore from this backup. Didn't really care though as it was all backed up elsewhere. @nusz There are some chinese looking characters at the bottom of the language list that google says mean "middle language". Hope that helps.
  7. Hi i would like to ask you few things. Does this rom support english language? Is he a stable and all function is working like 3G Wi-Fi etc without crashing and freezing? Does this 2.3.5 rom has a play store and notification bar like original 2.3.3 version?

Do you guys think it will work on my version U8650V100R001HRVC102B832 ?

Tnx in advance and i hope you will reply on my post soon.

Regards :)
  8. emperor29

emperor29 New Member

Works great, very fast and smooth ROM...Missing notification bar but there is multyple substitute on the market like Widgetsoid. :)