• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3.6 to 4.0

Starvirgo

Jun 24, 2011
Dear Friends,
I've just got an x18i mobile from China, a great product - stunning looks of xperia arc with the addition of another sim & TV; can anyone help me with following:
1.0 Upgrading my android 2.3.6 to 4.0 on this mobile.
2.0 How to increase RAM from the present 446MB.
regards
Naveen

Dear All,
I urgently need to root my x18i mobile, it's an android 2.3.6 with 445mb Ram & a pathetically low internal memory of 160mb.
The purpose is to obviously raise the internal memory by linking it to sd card & then increasing RAM as well.
I have tried the Z4root, superoneclick 2.3.3.0 & unlockroot 3.1 but nothing has worked.
In superone click it just stops at step 5 giving an error message :
"export PS1=""
./zergRush: not found
END:43743

It will be great if someone Can you kindly tell me how can I root my phone with detailed steps.
regards
Naveen

Upvote 0
upgrading the amount of RAM on *any* phone, Android, Apple, BlackBerry, Nokia, Windows Phone 7 and 8, is not possible. the only way to get more RAM is to buy a more expensive and higher end device
Android 4.x uses almost twice the RAM compared to Android 2.x.x. if you have only 512MB of RAM i do not recommend upgrading unless you want to see endless 'app is not responding do you want to close it' pop-ups

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones