Android 2.3.6 to 4.0

Last Updated:

1. Starvirgo

Starvirgo Member

Dear Friends,
    I've just got an x18i mobile from China, a great product - stunning looks of xperia arc with the addition of another sim & TV; can anyone help me with following:
    1.0 Upgrading my android 2.3.6 to 4.0 on this mobile.
    2.0 How to increase RAM from the present 446MB.

2. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

Do a google regarding root and custom ics roms for you're phone, as for increasing ram, I'm not sure this is possible on phones in the same way it its on computers, unless your suggesting increasing the usable ram, not the overall ram.?
  3. Starvirgo

Starvirgo Member

Thanks Mr SN Taylor, can you let me know a bit more elaborately as to how I can upgrade Android 2.3.6 to 4.0!
  4. Starvirgo

Starvirgo Member

Dear All,
    I urgently need to root my x18i mobile, it's an android 2.3.6 with 445mb Ram & a pathetically low internal memory of 160mb.
    The purpose is to obviously raise the internal memory by linking it to sd card & then increasing RAM as well.
    I have tried the Z4root, superoneclick & unlockroot 3.1 but nothing has worked.
    In superone click it just stops at step 5 giving an error message :
    "export PS1=""
    ./zergRush: not found

It will be great if someone Can you kindly tell me how can I root my phone with detailed steps.
  5. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

Never never root unless you know what you are doing. Unfortunately you are running a phone that not many people have so help may be a bit thin. Best of luck.
  6. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

upgrading the amount of RAM on *any* phone, Android, Apple, BlackBerry, Nokia, Windows Phone 7 and 8, is not possible. the only way to get more RAM is to buy a more expensive and higher end device
    Android 4.x uses almost twice the RAM compared to Android 2.x.x. if you have only 512MB of RAM i do not recommend upgrading unless you want to see endless 'app is not responding do you want to close it' pop-ups