• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3 disable GPRS data

rawalanche

Lurker
Jan 24, 2012
Hi,

in setttings i have both "Data enabled" and "Data Roaming" settings disabled, and yet, my phone uses data connection without my permission.

I recharged a credit yesterday evening, today morning i woke up, had about 12 "Active data connection charge" messages from my provider, and all the credit gone due to the crazy network internet charges over here.

I googled that i could change APN settings, but i simply can't, when i hit APN name, or try to dele APN setting list, it won't let me.

Also, before i try to use some android app to hack APN settings, i would like to track down the reason why is data connection spontaneously enabling. It's frustrating as hell knowing i have some alien app in my phone.

I got a new LG Optimus Black for a day now. Upgraded it to Android 2.3.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum rawalanche.

You won't be able to delete your preset apn settings but if you go to your apn's and press menu you will be able to add a new one which you will them be able to select.

It may also be worthwhile checking that background data and auto sync is turned off in settings, accounts and sync.

We also have a forum dedicated to your phone which you may find handy
http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-black/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones