aceuser Well-Known Member

i too am waiting
    abdho50 likes this.
  3. aish_varya

aish_varya Well-Known Member

me too waiting eagerly.
  4. sbnaul

sbnaul Well-Known Member

its only after galaxy s gets it that to in all regions will the developers start giving it to us...
  5. soudy1994

soudy1994 Well-Known Member

6. sbnaul

sbnaul Well-Known Member

not in all regions though...
  7. sumeetbais

sumeetbais Active Member

8. M_Shaaban

M_Shaaban Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's been releases on samfirmware.com as "aesux" said and was mentioned on GSM Arena Samsung Galaxy Ace Gingerbread ROM breaks free - GSMArena.com news
    but it's not available for all regions, and it's not official. Also, some reported problems with Camera using this release due to auto focus feature problem. I would give it a try if the release for my region was available, will keep checking!
  9. blind09

blind09 New Member

I know its and update but... what are the improvements, differences between the 2 versions?
  10. aceuser

aceuser Well-Known Member

Me too sitll waiting
  11. x1123

x1123 New Member

Why waiting, samfirmware give correct rom. I did the upgrade and No Issue at all. Camera also working flawlessly
  12. chismay

chismay Well-Known Member

lemme put it this way, most of us spent
    darshanz likes this.
  13. yc_dgan

yc_dgan Member

Good news!

The wait for official release of Gingerbread on Galaxy Ace is almost over.
    Samsung has just made the following press release.

Let's just hope the Gingerbread release for Galaxy Ace will not take too long.

"SEOUL
  14. dca860

dca860 Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me how I will get the upgrade for my unbranded unlocked ACE? I am assuming I will need the raw 2.3 from Samsung. This being the case, will it still appear OTA via my provider or will it not be recognised? Will I need to upgrade through Kies?
  15. chismay

chismay Well-Known Member

i thinks its gonna be from samsung but youll probably have to connect with kies to install ,. but its not unheard of for it come direct to phone,.

all in all

i dont know lol srry:eek:
  16. silvalds

silvalds New Member

Yes...today(26/8/2011) I updated my Galaxy Ace to GB-JPKP9... using Kies....!
    However...please take note that the phone was purchased in Dubai in June 2011.
    molochai18 and SJN like this.
  17. nzakir

nzakir Member

18. dannheath

dannheath Member

Today (27th August) i've just updated my Vodafone Galaxy ace to 2.3.3 via samsung kies :)
  19. ITGeek123

ITGeek123 New Member

dannheath How have you updated your device? I plug my simply in Kies and it still says that 2.2 is the latest firmware. Where are you located?
  20. dannheath

dannheath Member

Yeah I just connected it to the Pc and loaded up Kies and it finally notified me of a update, I'm from the UK :)
  21. amal.jas

amal.jas Member

Hi friends,
    I am using Samsung Galaxy Ace with Android 2.3.4... In that mobile I have a problem when i am giving voice input in Messages typing mode option it shows, "Connection Error". The error occur only in message voice input only. Other voice services like internet, google search are working well. How to solve message voice input error in Android 2.3.4.. please help me.. Thanks in advance..
  22. PJ147

PJ147 Well-Known Member

This thread is really old. (Started in April) but the version above is not offical and is buggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read the forum for lots of people saying they have problems with SMS etc.

wait for the offical release - which is not far away!!!!!!!
  23. harrydd

harrydd New Member

hey i m trying this improvements, differences between the 2 versions but some error is coming in my Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 error is not respoding error ............... helps us !!!!!:confused:

24. whp9196

whp9196 Member

I got my samsung galaxy ace's gingerbread update yesterday via kies. I'm in Malaysia...