• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3 Gingerbread missing animations

Whoopyass

Lurker
May 10, 2011
after the update to gingerbread this morning on my Desire HD, my phone looks like a mash up between 2.2 and 2.3. some things are the same, others changed. And the thing that most disapointed me is the fact that i miss the screen off animation which was in my opinion the nicest improvement to the new android systems. i am wondering whether anyone has a solution to this or if there's someone with the same problem.

grts Whoopyass

Animation: YouTube - Android Gingerbread (2.3) Screen Off Animation

You can only get temp root in GB if you have S-ON, which by default you will have, You need to get S-OFF before you upgrade to GB if you want perm root (unless you install a custom ROM like LeeDrOiD which is already rooted), also I haven't heard anyone say they have bricked their phone by trying to root.

If somebody had the 2.3 update without s-off, would downgrading back to 2.2 allow you to s-off again?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones