Android 2.3 Gingerbread missing animationsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Whoopyass

Whoopyass New Member

after the update to gingerbread this morning on my Desire HD, my phone looks like a mash up between 2.2 and 2.3. some things are the same, others changed. And the thing that most disapointed me is the fact that i miss the screen off animation which was in my opinion the nicest improvement to the new android systems. i am wondering whether anyone has a solution to this or if there's someone with the same problem.

grts Whoopyass

Animation: YouTube - Android Gingerbread (2.3) Screen Off Animation

Advertisement
  2. 2bashy

2bashy Member

I had to register & reply...I did the upgrade last week & like you this animation is the only thing I was really looking for, hopefully, someone will be kind enough to let us know how to install it... thanks for flagging it up!!!
  3. BOZG

BOZG Well-Known Member

Judging by the date of the video (and on the phone), I would assume that they have a vanilla copy of Gingerbread installed rather than a HTC Sense version of Android. It's probably the case that HTC removed that animation from their Gingerbread update.
  4. 2bashy

2bashy Member

Is there any ways to install it???
  5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You wouldn't be able to get this on the stock firmware - rooting and installing custom firmware is the only way to get it.
  6. 2bashy

2bashy Member

I appreciate the info xyro...any advice on the best way to root the desire hd on gingerbread...was wondering if the procedure is the same for all android versions & devices???
  7. BOZG

BOZG Well-Known Member

Gingerbreak seems to be the way to go.
  8. 2bashy

2bashy Member

Thanx Bozg...what are the chances of this root bricking the phone. Still got a year on my contract I been tempted to root it for Long time but I'm clueless when tempering with the hardware...also is it reversible???...in case!!!!
  9. BOZG

BOZG Well-Known Member

To be honest, haven't used Gingerbreak yet so no idea how trustworthy it is. I have heard that HTC phones are relatively difficult to brick though.

I think an unroot option was added to Gingerbreak in the newest version.
    2bashy likes this.
  10. cracksquirrel

cracksquirrel Well-Known Member

You can only get temp root in GB if you have S-ON, which by default you will have, You need to get S-OFF before you upgrade to GB if you want perm root (unless you install a custom ROM like LeeDrOiD which is already rooted), also I haven't heard anyone say they have bricked their phone by trying to root.
  11. Xyro

If somebody had the 2.3 update without s-off, would downgrading back to 2.2 allow you to s-off again?
  12. cracksquirrel

cracksquirrel Well-Known Member

Xyro likes this.
  13. Xyro