• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3 help

Hey you can root real easy . only thing the custom rom has not never worked. Now you ask about the KitKat look you can download some apps to fill your ui looks . I have been hearing some sounds from the esteem so be on the look out for a ROM/theme working and tinkering with some things . this will be a KitKat . kk or 4.4 theme /ROM

What you mean?

Upvote 0
I have but no one seems to be active in the Esteem forums anymore.

Well, we won't know what Roms are stable for your device, as that's specific to every device. Roms that are great for my phone likely aren't available for yours, and vice versa.

If you want some help selecting a launcher to make your device look closer to KitKat, we can help with that

Upvote 0
The launched that was recommended will use the icon packs from ADW and Launcherpro. Do a search for either (or both) of those and you'll find more icon packs than you'll know what to do with. Also, I'd wager that Metro PCS will list their current phones on their website.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
And do you know if there's a list of phones I can use with Metro? I'm getting money soon and want a new phone but I'll only have no less than $130-$120.

Thats good and will be needed don't know if you found this out from your carrier . Well this cdma thing they have will be dead . You should use this money to get a gsm device . This gsm device can be used or new . Cause if you remain on this thing called cdma its a thing of the past and i would love to see a future with it but hey . Now i can see you move in the future with a GSM device . If u seeking a gsm device please search for anything 4.1 and higher cause much of the gingerbread and ics maybe done moved on as the history . The future will be kitkat as i just noticed we have moved to 4.4.3 :eek::D i was shocked to see this .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones