• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android 2.3 Music Player

Prso9

Jun 12, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi Guys,

I have upgraded to Android 2.3 and I am having problems with the music player. When I go into the music player and select Albums, my albums are there but instead of listing say, 5 albums beginning with D, it lists every single song beginning with D. So Dance Mania should have one folder listed, then I would select that and that's when the songs would be listed.

I am also not getting the album work, when it was there with Android 2.1.

I would rather not download a new music player, so any help with fixing this would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Attachments

• Music Listing.jpg
    Music Listing.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 93
  • Album Artwork.jpg
    Album Artwork.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 59
when you open up the music player and you go into the list off all the songs you have got on your phone click the album option at the very bottom and this will relist all songs into album also when you close and reopen it should stay on albums. also as for the album art it should stay with the album but wont show it by song

hope this helps

Upvote 0
I eventually discovered the couple of albums that I did have artwork attached to were mp3, where as the other albums were mp4. So I reloaded all my albums back onto my computer and made sure they were mp3. Now I have the artwork for the majority of my albums, however there are an unlucky 13 albums without it.

The problem I was having with albums with various artists, I realised if I went into itunes and highlighted the album, then ticked the box for 'part of a compilation'. This now allows me to have the artists listed and the album under one folder.

I just now have to figure out how to get the 13 albums without artwork sorted and I will be happy as Larry. :)

I have to say that this player is way better than the 2.1 mediaplayer as everytime I switched my phone off while having 2.1, the player would not restart from where I had left off from when listening to music when I turned it back on. The 2.3 player does, which makes a BIG difference.

Attachments

• Albums1.jpg
    Albums1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0
I eventually discovered the couple of albums that I did have artwork attached to were mp3, where as the other albums were mp4. So I reloaded all my albums back onto my computer and made sure they were mp3. Now I have the artwork for the majority of my albums, however there are an unlucky 13 albums without it.

The problem I was having with albums with various artists, I realised if I went into itunes and highlighted the album, then ticked the box for 'part of a compilation'. This now allows me to have the artists listed and the album under one folder.

I just now have to figure out how to get the 13 albums without artwork sorted and I will be happy as Larry. :)

I have to say that this player is way better than the 2.1 mediaplayer as everytime I switched my phone off while having 2.1, the player would not restart from where I had left off from when listening to music when I turned it back on. The 2.3 player does, which makes a BIG difference.

iTunes can't do it all.

Media Monkey I find is the best for media organizing. Lots of automated tasks, like sorting and adding ID3 info and artwork.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones