1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

android 2.3 sim initializing, please wait errorGeneral

1. MelodyMan

MelodyMan Well-Known Member

Hi,

Every time I edit a contact saved on a SIM card, "SIM initializing, please wait" error appears. Any idea how to fix this? I can't even copy or move the contact to phone. I have 200 contacts to move from SIM to phone. I'm using Android 2.3.

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. MelodyMan

Hope someone can help me out
  3. MelodyMan

Any help guys?
  4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Just out of interest, have you thought about syncing all your contacts with your gmail account? That way, should you loose your phone, you wouldn't have to worry about loosing your contacts?
  5. MelodyMan

Yes, I sync. But you see I have around 200 contacts that are on my SIM. The reason that I have these contacts on my SIM is that if ever I transfer to a non-smartphone, I can still send message to those contacts. What I want to do is copy from SIM to Gmail/Phone but I'm getting that error.
  6. D-U-R-X

7. MelodyMan

That works! :)
    However it doesn't recognized contacts that are already there. It just created another entry. I also tried importing one contact four times, it appeared four times on Gmail :) . I guess I have to manually merge and remove duplicates via Gmail.

Thank you.

8. D-U-R-X

No problemo... glad to know that I've helped... even if you still have a little way to go :)