• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ANDROID 2.3 TABLET, no drivers, not compatible

ChrisDunbar

Lurker
Nov 26, 2011
Hi

Newbie here! Just wondering if anyone has advice regarding a new tablet I bought.

It's S5PV210A8, and all I wanted to use it for was iPlayer and video files, but when I received it and set up the wireless, iPlayer wouldn't play content, and my laptop couldn't find the device (says I needed drivers, which I then couldn't find online), which I needed to transfer my files to the micro sd card.

I tried a few things and then reset factory settings, and now there's not even Flash on the system. When I go to the Market, it says my tablet, which is 2.3.1, isn't compatible with Flash 11 (I couldn't find Flash 10.1). And I still can't find drivers (although I've since learned that I can transfer the files through a micro sd card adapter, so short term it's not a problem) and at some point I might need them (photo download and stuff).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

It's a China tablet...

One of these?
Samsung S5PV210A8 1.2GHZ Android 2.3 7inch tablet PC-7Inch Tablet PC-MID&Tablet PC-Shenzhen Flyusb Technology Co., Ltd. China professional usb drive manufacturer & supplier

Shenzhen Flyusb Technology Co., Ltd
18# Donglian Industrial Park, Block 23,
Bao'an District,
Shenzhen, China

Tel: +86 755 36841932
Email: flyusb@gmail.com

Good luck. :)

EDIT:

Problem with many of these China devices, is that they often have buggy firmware with no updates or support available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones