• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android 4.0.4 ICS for LG P970 Optimus Black V28A

adamek

Lurker
Nov 5, 2012
This is the final version of the Android 4.0.4 ICS for Optimus Black. Downloaded and converted from LG server francuzkiego:

Original:
Jest to finalna wersja Android 4.0.4 ICS dla Optimus Black. Pobrana i przekonwertowana z francuzkiego serwera LG
V28A_P970.zip
h*tp://d-h.st/sep
SmartFlashTool
h*tp://hotfile.com/dl/143853325/ed430ad/SFT.rar.html

* = t

Installation Instructions

Original:
Instrukcja instalacji
1. Download file V28A_P970.zip and SFT.rar
2. Unpack files with Winrar or 7zip
3. Run B_SmartFlashTool_Extern.exe
4. Choose:
1) ROM copy D/L bookmark
2) in Select mode choose Normal mode
3) choose CP file: LGP970_V28A_00_CP.fls
4) choose AP file:LGP970_V28A_00_AP.bin
*) connect phone in S/W Update mode with battery in it (on the phone that is switched off, plug in USB cable WHILE HOLDING Vol+ button)
5) choose COM port.
6) choose LGE Mobile USB Serial Port in Communication Driver
7) click Start and wait till end.
It takes about 3 mins to flash.

I tried Rom, Multi version, it works flawlessly

Good Luck!

Original:
Rom sprawdzony przeze mnie, wersja Multi, działa bez zarzut

10000%. Everyone uses it.

I'm sure they do and it should be but the LG support tool nonsense and bad OTA update has shaken my faith in updates and messing with firmware! I know it can be easy as my galaxy tab has upgraded several times with no issues. But when I was looking at my phone having failed an update part way through I was thinking 'Is my phone just broken now?' and I hated that feeling.

Maybe I will wait until I can get a new phone for free on my contract before risking this one again.

Upvote 0
I'm sure they do and it should be but the LG support tool nonsense and bad OTA update has shaken my faith in updates and messing with firmware! I know it can be easy as my galaxy tab has upgraded several times with no issues. But when I was looking at my phone having failed an update part way through I was thinking 'Is my phone just broken now?' and I hated that feeling.

Maybe I will wait until I can get a new phone for free on my contract before risking this one again.

Lol. Sure. Its so easy to utilise this thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones