Android 4.0.4 & Sense 4.1 update rolling out in Europe now.General

Last Updated:

1. Rik Mayall

Rik Mayall Well-Known Member

Hi guys i bought my HOX phone sim free off ebay but it is orange branded however im with o2 on sim only, so how do i get the update?? Will i get it via O2 or just via HTC on the phone itself?

Advertisement
  2. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

If orange branded (orange splash screen when you turn it on, orange apps in the app drawer) then you need to wait for orange to push it. Doesn't matter what sim you have in it.
    Rik Mayall likes this.
  3. earful

earful Well-Known Member

over at xda several people have posted that they are being told by htc csrs that the rollout is by imei number and unbranded uk phones (like mine) will take "awhile". someone else pointed out that the last ota update for this group came about two weeks later than the orginally announced date. i can't recall exactly, but i do know it took longer and there's probably a worn spot on my haptic screen where i kept hitting check for updates! anyway, i went to the htc uk site (the download is not, of course, mentioned on the us site) and sent an email complaint. at minimum htc should make clear the method it is using for rolling out the ota and give a timeframe by imei batches if that is what it's using as a starting point. anything else is nonsense, as all they are doing is creating disgruntled customers.
  4. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

But they have to stagger the rollout somehow and, even if they explain their method, there will still be disgruntled customers. Why is my phone in the last batch? Why did I get the update two days later than I was originally told? They really can't win.

Don't get me wrong, I'm impatient to get the latest update but I feel that, overall, HTC are pretty good at dealing with software issues. At least by (so far anyway) launching regular updates, they are acknowledging and attempting to rectify problems.

The people I really feel sorry for are those with branded handsets who maybe won't receive this update for another couple of months.
  5. earful

earful Well-Known Member

there are always complaints. that doesn't mean you don't give out better information. as it is, customers are only getting the info after they complain; the complaints don't change the way things are done, so what's the percentage in not giving out the info to begin with? at least that way the company can convey that it has thought things through and is handling updates in an orderly fashion. right now the impression they give is that they have a plan that doesn't work or that they don't know what's going on. i love my hox, but no wonder taiwan has to worry about bailing out htc.
  6. consultant

consultant Well-Known Member

So probably how much longer for an update for AT&T users?
  7. Silver Surfer

I guess because, in many ways, no information is better than wrong information.

I think that they have thought things through and are handling updates in an orderly fashion. The only problem is that both of us are further down the list than we'd like.
  8. coos lick

At&t users got it a couple of weeks ago o think. If you check your software version - it should be android 4.0.4.
  9. earful

earful Well-Known Member

i don't mind not being at the top of the list. but who knew there was a list? people had to complain to find out. not good pr.
  10. cupraman

cupraman Active Member

11. coos lick

Careful - an ruu will wipe your phone as it updates it! It is coming (though god knows when) so if you want save your data you just need to hang on.

Wish there was some info from HTC on the update schedule.

This is apparently no different to the last update - and the jb update is likely to be the same - UK about a week past mainland Europe.
  12. dan281082

dan281082 Well-Known Member

i wish i knew nothing about updates and just updated my phone when it notified me like i used to!!! i hate phandroid and xda for educating damn u to hell!!!

anyway off to see if theres a update yet!!!
  13. minyman66

minyman66 Member

My HTC One X is from Singapore, but I use it in North America. I still haven't got the update either.
  14. VitoScaletti

VitoScaletti New Member

Hi guys!

I would like to update my htc one x to htc sense 4.1, but when chec the software updates: "your phone is up to date"

wtf..??? I'm in UK, o2.. whats the problem?!? pls help..:confused:
  15. Silver Surfer

Quite straightforward really, the update has not yet been rolled out in the UK on any network (whether the phone is branded or unbranded). It should be available very soon.
  16. krudra

krudra Active Member

Any idea when this is coming to india??
  17. thicks56

thicks56 Well-Known Member

I did the upgrade manually last night,

Phone improved in lots of ways,
    But have just notice that the touch screen is not longer faulty whilst the phone is on charge :D
    Anyone else noticed this change??
  18. Cessquill

Cessquill Well-Known Member

Checked first thing this morning, no updates. Checked now - UPDATE AVAILABLE! Downloading the OTA update now.

UK, unbranded from dialaphone, on the Orange network.
  19. coos lick

Got it to. So thats it out for UK unbranded handsets (finally). This is two weeks after mainland Europe, which is apparently the same schedule as the last update.
  20. Dog_chops

Dog_chops Well-Known Member

Got mine today too. O2 Unbranded
  21. jono1969

jono1969 New Member

just downloading 4.04 & 4.1 update now.
    Unbranded HOX in UK
  22. billybodrick

billybodrick Well-Known Member

Just updated mine this morning, phone runs much slicker now and flicking between screens is much nicer, you get a bit of a fade as it moves on. Not noticed much else, other than everything seems much faster
  23. GingerRob

GingerRob Well-Known Member

I was just about to download the update to manually install when the notification appeared on my phone. Downloading now.
  24. Rik Mayall

Rik Mayall Well-Known Member

Still nothing on mine! Orange branded but on O2??
  25. alexward

alexward Active Member

I've got a branded T-Mobile OX and nothing yet. Just checked.