Android 4.0.4 & Sense 4.1 update rolling out in Europe now.General

1. baldysimon

baldysimon Member

I got mine this morning (unbranded from carphone warehouse on o2) . Just got 5794 on quadrant, is that about right? It was only giving 4300 before I rebooted though.
  2. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

I manually updated a few days ago, after turning the brightness down a little I'm finding my battery life unbelievable now, reckon I could get near 2 days off one charge. Anybody else finding that?
  3. earful

earful Well-Known Member

have a stock uk one x now located in hawaii. the ota update arrived yesterday evening. the three button menu never bothered me, so i have no plans to fiddle with that. ea games/free/tryout came with the update. i will probably end up removing them. i will be watching for better battery longevity overall, but it's become less of an issue since i purchased the htc dock and simply pop the one x in at night to make sure it's charged.

now that i can stop complaining about waiting for this update, i am ready for jelly bean!:D
  4. mc6701

mc6701 Member

Got my One X on Tuesday from Dial a Phone, it's an unbranded and assume unlock but don't have another micro sim to test......
    Just check and got the update and now installed but as i have not really had time to play with it before the update note sure whats changed.
    Based in the south of uk.
  5. R Deep Singh

R Deep Singh Well-Known Member

Got this yesterday, whats new in the update? Apart from the obvious
  6. darthlinux

darthlinux Well-Known Member

I got the update message today but will have too wait until later when I can access my WIFI
  7. michiel.van.wessem

michiel.van.wessem Well-Known Member

Got the update last night and let it download while I slept. Just upgraded this morning (on Orange, but with unbranded phone). Seems to gone all smooth. Phone works fine and moves along nice. :)
  8. phil99

phil99 Well-Known Member

Just got my one x this morning had the option to update to 4.0.4 thius morning but the percentage never went up from 0, after 10 minutes it still didnt move so i cancelled it. Now my phone says no update avalible and im stuck on 4.0.3
  9. billybodrick

billybodrick Well-Known Member

Well after one whole day with my update the one x broke and I couldn't fix it, got stuck in airplane mode and a load of other strange things, in for repair. Hope no one else has any probs seems strange no probs with phone since may, then update and broke boooooo hoooooo
  10. rod9669

rod9669 Well-Known Member

My son had this update yesterday and is reporting a few crashes - he's restarted it a few times but still the same. Would a factory reset help, or will it settle?
  11. billybodrick

billybodrick Well-Known Member

Factory reset did not work for me, just don't know what happened could just be a coincidence that it broke after the update
  12. kevinlufc

kevinlufc Well-Known Member

Just got my update. On 3 branded
  13. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Wow, that was quick, the networks versions aren't normally available for 3 or more after the unbranded.
  14. Wattsy

Wattsy Well-Known Member

On Tesco/O2 and got my update notification last night. Haven't updated yet though. Unsure whether to back up apps etc. The update notification says all data will be safe (or words to that effect). Think I want to back up everything but what's the best app to do this?
  15. El Presidente

The update shouldn't wipe anything, but there's no harm in having a backup anyway :).

Contacts etc, should be backed up to your Google account, when you access your gmail account via a PC, do you see your contacts there? There are a few SMS Backup & Restore apps on the market, so you can take your pic there. For your apps etc, look at MyBackupPro, you'll need root for the data associated with your apps, but I think it does settings, ringtones etc so you should be ok there.
  16. goehnergirl

goehnergirl Active Member

Maybe I missed this, but is there an update to sense 4.1 in the states? If there is, how do I get it? Thanks!
  17. El Presidente

If you're AT&T, the update is Android 4.0.4, but you'll still be on Sense 4.0 I believe.
  18. Wattsy

Wattsy Well-Known Member

So installed the update. Does seem smoother on homescreen and app drawer. Liking the ability to change the function of the recent apps button.

One concern though is the Rescue app that's been added. Looked it up on Play and it isn't rated highly and sounds a bit 'dodgy'.

Gonna have a play with the camera see if I can see a difference.

Oh and I did back up some stuff using My BackUp (thanks El P) but everything seems as it was.
  19. webbo254

webbo254 Member

Still waiting for the update on Orange branded hurry up Orange!
  20. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member

Still waiting here in Australia with Optus.
  21. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

yer got my update last night on my 3 branded handset too.

Probably helps that there is very little changed on 3's version. As far as im aware its literally a couple of apps and a changed bootup screen to show the 3 logo.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong on this anyone.

Anyway everything feels smoother now and the battery is lasting a bit better than it was as well. Definitely a good update.
  22. darthlinux

darthlinux Well-Known Member

Update went through fine with no issues, love the new smoothness of the phone and fixed a issue I was having since been rooted which I can't complain about now.
    MsvSpaz likes this.
  23. Rik Mayall

Rik Mayall Well-Known Member

Same here! Orange branded on 3mobile sim, still waiting!:confused:
  24. studiodaz

studiodaz New Member

my One X has been locking up after this update. I have done a Factory reset but it is still doing it.

in the UK on the Three network, unbranded unlocked HTC One X phone
  25. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

Got mine yesterday on 3 UK, I'm very impressed with the performance improvements. Smoother system, apps seem to be faster and quicker boot time.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2