Android 4.0.4 & Sense 4.1 update rolling out in Europe now.General

1. stuters

stuters Well-Known Member

Got the update this morning (branded 3) I can confirm it seems to run a lot smoother and I got around 14 gig of memory back... Other than haven't really looked at it..
  2. mrgsmith77

mrgsmith77 Active Member

Stock o2 UK branded update just rolled out. Just updated, no issues so far....
  3. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

yup AT&T is still sense 4.0 which is really annoying, especially now that the sprint version (EVO 4G LTE?) is getting android 4.0.4 with sense 4.1. I want quick settings!
  4. Rik Mayall

Rik Mayall Well-Known Member

Guys can anyone confirm if i will actually get this update? Im usung an Orange branded phone on 3 mobile sim.

Thanks
  5. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Yes you'll get it, when Orange release it.
  6. ajeet

ajeet Active Member

Just to share, got the update yesterday. A little smoother. The screen flicker is gone. There is the menu option. One improvement I got was that the names in the messages are now displayed immediately. Unlike before, where I see the contact number first followed by the name a couple of seconds later.

Attached Files:

7. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

What option is this? Am I missing something here?
  8. krudra

krudra Active Member

Got my Android 4.0.4 and HTC Sense 4.1 Update for HOX in India.. So i suppose this is out for countries other than in Europe!!

I did not get the EA Games thing though!!
  9. webbo254

webbo254 Member

Still waiting on Orange, somebody in the t-mobile forums posted that he had a reply from somebody at tmobile about when the 4.04 and sense 4.1 update will be released, and he was told that the release date for the update is 8th October!
  10. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

Wow if that's true then gutted all you t-mobile users.

Its things like this that made me move from t mobile to 3. DOWN WITH CARRIER BLOATWARE...
  11. webbo254

webbo254 Member

With orange and t-mobile now being part of the same brand as such i'm hoping this isnt true for orange as well.
  12. Wattsy

Wattsy Well-Known Member

You can use the recent apps button as a menu button. To change what you want the button to do, go to settings > display,gestures,buttons > recent apps button.
    Ziani likes this.
  13. prakhardeep

prakhardeep Active Member

There are no quick settings for Tegra 3 version
  14. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

There are no quick settings for Sense 4 full stop.

You need to enable them with a custom ROM.
  15. Jamal751

Jamal751 New Member

I have a unbranded HTC one s on talkmobile which uses the same network as Vodafone and I live in the UK but I haven't got the update yet?? Someone heeellllp please:confused:
  16. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

This is the One X forum.
  17. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

well that sucks. That just ruined my day.

As for there being no quick settings on sense 4:
    Source
    and yes that's for the evo 4g lte, but it is running sense 4 so...
  18. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Should does not equal "does"

All the code is there for them, they're just not enabled.
  19. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

Not quite sure what the fuss about HTC quick settings. I just use Widgetsoid - free from market.
    You can then choose whatever you want - I've got battery level, shortcut to sound settings, WiFi, GPS and data toggles.
  20. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

I would use this if I could get rid of the black bar at the bottom which I hate, would be better if I could at least change the colour.
  21. Wattsy

Wattsy Well-Known Member

If you use the recent apps button with the menu ability too it should have eliminated the black menu bar from your apps. Well it has for me at least. Haven't noticed it since I changed the setting.
  22. webbo254

webbo254 Member

Anybody have any news on when Orange are planning to release the update?
  23. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

They've been about 3-4 weeks behind when it comes to the last updates afaik. You shouldn't have to wait long (hopefully).
  24. webbo254

webbo254 Member

Thanks. Wish they would hurry up with it.
  25. Rik Mayall

Rik Mayall Well-Known Member