Android 4.0 for Pantech Breakout?

1. bsktbl

bsktbl Guest

Has anyone made any progress yet as to porting Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) to the Pantech Breakout? I know that some devs have already started working on it, because I've read other threads, but I just wanted to know if any of the devs are actually making progress, and are almost done. If anyone could give me a heads-up as to when there may be Android ICS for the Breakout, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:D

Advertisement
  2. daywalker03

daywalker03 Member

I should be able to give a better answer by the weekend, but as of right now, all I can promise is "soon". I will keep people updated now that I have the time to focus on it.
    mdcasa and belovedson like this.
  3. bsktbl

bsktbl Guest

Now that you have the time to focus on it, meaning "No more truck problems." :) I'll be looking forward to it, thanks for replying daywalker!:)
  4. newraze

newraze Active Member

whats the progress of the android 4.0 based rom?
  5. nobreak1970

nobreak1970 Well-Known Member

Hi.
    I just got this phone and it's awesome as it....but of course I rooted and got the CWM recovery on here.
    An ICS ROM is very much appreciated.
    My suggestion is just to keep it simple.

I'll love it regardless though. :)

Peace
  6. bsktbl

bsktbl Guest

Any progress?
  7. sgtbartron22

sgtbartron22 New Member

I need to know how to root my pantec breakout will someone please help me? I need a step by step walk through please.
  8. timmyh318

timmyh318 Well-Known Member

literally look down 2 threads. and be sure to give the poster thanks for the step by step root and recovery guide.
  9. mia2973

mia2973 New Member

hello is there any progress in porting ICS to the pantech breakout?
  10. terabyte128

terabyte128 Well-Known Member

Nope, we haven't even figured out cyanogenmod yet :(
  11. Now I have been keeping up with ICS ROM forums for the Breakout. I know that this is probably a stupid question but could anyone tell me the differences between GingerBread and Ice Cream Sandwich?
  12. terabyte128

13. I have been working on porting Cyanogen to the breakout.I have all the files compiled I am going yo be flashing it very soon. Hope this works XD
    belovedson likes this.
  14. terabyte128

Good luck :), i'd be happy to do some testing for you if necessary as I have a breakout which is not my main phone.
  15. I tried porting it but it won't boot. It goes straight to recovery.
  16. terabyte128

That was my issue too. It doesn't seem to want to boot anything that isn't relatively close to stock. Maybe it checks the ROM before booting or something, were you using an unsecured kernel?
  17. Wicketri000

Wicketri000 New Member

How is the ice cream sandwich ROM coming along?
  18. Wicketri000

Wicketri000 New Member

Is there going to be softkeys?