1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

android 4.0 (ice cream sandwich) on mytouch 3g

1. openerbat

openerbat New Member

Hi, How do I get the latest android OS on the mytouch 3g? My phone is not rooted. thanks. ---

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Welcome to AF! :)

At the moment, the only device confirmed to be getting IC is the Galaxy Nexus. Unfortunately, we'll just have to wait and see what other devices get the update. Google have said that theoretically speaking, all devices capable of running Gingerbread, should be able to run ICS. What version do you have on your handset at present?

I suspect that once the source code has been released the devs will be able to port it to a number of devices though. Whether or not the MT3G gets it is any ones guess though.
    openerbat likes this.
  3. openerbat

openerbat New Member

Thanks.
    My phone is running android 2.2.1
    I don't believe this is Gingerbread. How do I upgrade it?
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I'll hazard a guess and say you're probably not going to get it in any official format. you may be able to root and get it? Is that something you fancy doing?
  5. openerbat

openerbat New Member

Is there a way to undo rooting? Else, I'd like to avoid rooting.
  6. 754boy

754boy New Member

Why would you want to avoid rooting? Its easy as hell to do it with SuperOneClick software. Plus you can install newer and better roms for the device. I'm running Cyanogenmod 7.1 on mine right now.

And ICS has been ported to it as well. Theres a thread over at XDA if you want to try it for yourself.