Android 4.0 (ICS) - when?General

1. mikeinhull

mikeinhull Member

Just contacted Orange about my Samsung Galaxy S2 and asked about ICS, they said it would be out today for the UK VIA KIES!!!!!!!!!!!! but you can go into about phone then select software update so lets see if it's true.
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

It doesn't have to be done with kies. There are already Odin flashable versions on xda
  3. CargoMatatu

CargoMatatu Well-Known Member

Well, I just tried it.

First I made sure that Kies was up to date, then I connected my phone (unbranded, international model running 2.3.5)

Kies told me my phone is running the latest firmware!

Oh well!
  4. andy66

andy66 Well-Known Member

just read on samsung facebook page its rolling out NOW
  5. fonduekid

fonduekid Well-Known Member

Android 4.0 is out for the Samsung Galaxy S2. I upgraded this morning (I'm in Helsinki, Finland). I upgraded through KIES and everything was smooth & quick.

I just have the issue of battery not charging... (I have posted a separate thread on this issue seeking help).

Cheers.
  6. henryronny

henryronny Active Member

Confirmed on the Samsung Mobile FB page!

No times confirmed for the UK rollout and nothing on the Twitter as yet, and nothing happening OTA...
  7. GingerPiston

GingerPiston Member

Any idea how this is rolled out via Kies - is it based solely on geographically specific IP addresses?

Essentially, if I can spoof a Finnish IP, would I get the update?
  8. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

On schedule all this month, they promised it us first quarter. Waiting for a CheckRom version of ICS myself,a CWM flashable version.

I can't get over the lack of patience from Android users in general since jumping ship from Symbian. Now Nokia did giver real cause for frustration. Hats off to Samsung it looks like they are delivering.
  9. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

*jealous* :(

Hopefully I'll get it from T-Mobile by Christmas.
  10. fonduekid

Well, I guess KIES automatically determines based on your location??

In any case, according to the release from Samsung, its being rolled out starting in Europe and slowly spreading out to other parts of the world. So you should get it pretty soon I guess (or if your carrier needs to test it further, probably it might get delayed).

As for spoofing a Finnish IP address, I have no idea if that would work.
  11. no66

no66 Active Member

Got ICS, OTA, Telenor Norway, looks and feels good. Face unlock actually works!
  12. fonduekid

Are you able to charge your phone without any problem?
  13. pwannell

pwannell Well-Known Member

Hi I believe that the UK rollout is 19th 2012. I'm guessing that at least a current release ICS 4.0.1 thats available in Finland can be flashed to our Samsung SGSII in the UK via ODIN?

Regards
  14. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

15. fonduekid

The current release is 4.0.3, btw.
  16. mikeinhull

mikeinhull Member

well just updated to Official ICS and gotta say it's fast!!! flashed it from another site using odin not VIA perfetic kies, well the waits over and i'm bored now.

Model number: GT-I9100
    Android Version: 4.0.3
    Baseband Version: I9100XXLPQ
    Kernel Version: 3.0.15-I9100XXLPQ-CL223505 se.infra@SEP-94#3
    BUILD NUMBER: IML74K.XXLPQ
  17. caloyzki

caloyzki Well-Known Member

hello guys i already got the ICS 4.0.3 yesterday, i got it from kies. and im from united states. GT-I9100 model.
  18. Mahoni

Mahoni Active Member

Ill be checking tomorrow for sure Im in aus so ill let you all know if its here but that's ota Im not flashing seeing I've just got the phone and not risking anything for a while

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
  19. no66

no66 Active Member

Charging works fine, just tested.
  20. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion New Member

No update here...says latest firmware: KG2 :(
  21. GingerPiston

GingerPiston Member

Care to elaborate on how you got it from another site?
  22. Sword Fish

Sword Fish Well-Known Member

Sammobile.com has all country builds available for download. You can install using ODIN rather than wait for Kies.