1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Android 4.0?

1. Emmaushornet33

Emmaushornet33 Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if this phone is going to update to Android 4.0? And also, is there any way that I would be able to put Android 4.0 on my Esteem?

Advertisement
  2. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

NO to the first question.

YES to the second question, but not at the moment.
    yaras1979 likes this.
  3. ManlyParasite

ManlyParasite Well-Known Member

Knowing Metro, IF the Esteem gets ICS, it won't be for a long time. They're just slow like that.
    As for putting ICS on yourself, not at the moment. A recovery is still being developed, and when it's done, chances are a ICS rom will be developed as well.
  4. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member

What he said^ ;)
  5. double1

double1 Well-Known Member

Recovery is up. Was reading the revo forum and they said it would be a lot of drivers to port over and development would not be easy. Has anyone started building an ics rom yet?
  6. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

we still working on a rom to see how it runs and making sure everything works.
    reddogkgb and double1 like this.
  7. PlayfulGod

^^^^the stock ROM at that lol
  8. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Soooo. One thing that I really like about ics its the voice command and features ....
  9. synergy7

synergy7 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for ICS. I do hope the process doesn't prove too difficult. is love to help but I I'm still learning the basics of programming.
  10. budde2

budde2 Well-Known Member

Would we have all the same features of ics even though its not official
  11. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

That's the goal.
  12. budde2

budde2 Well-Known Member

Nothing said about the esteem:-(
  13. double1

With the stock rom now up on the boards, I'm guessing this is the beginning of a rush of roms for the esteem?
  14. budde2

budde2 Well-Known Member

I think it is good with the new kernel and cwm the phone rocks it is super fast with a custom ROM it would be so fast it would blow up
  15. synergy7

synergy7 Well-Known Member

I really can't wait. its going to be hard deciding which rom to use. will the epic roms get stickied for convenience?
  16. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

I just want the cm9. A combination of cm7 and ics. Plus I'm also waiting for the 1.9ghz oc, Yeah !!!!!!. Bought my extended battery just in case ..
  17. Pappy62

Pappy62 Well-Known Member

/\ X2. The thoughts of CM9 on this phone is what has me drooling
  18. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

Voice command has been around since 2.2 (Froyo). Hold down the search button and you'll get the option to use it.
  19. double1

The voice features have been much improved in ics. Including voice to text and instant voice search eliminating the first few seconds that it takes now for voice search to work.
  20. PlayfulGod

actually CM9 will almostly completely new since ics already has most the features that were in CM7. ;)
  21. double1

Is anybody working on a cm9 for esteem right now?