Android 4.1.2 - manual?General

1. ElviraKate

ElviraKate Member

Just been updated here in the UK to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on my Note 10.1. I can't find anywhere on the web a clear account of what has been updated and what has changed - googling finds lots of lists without explanation. Is there a manual somewhere?

Kate

Advertisement
    :
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

The Note has a Help pre-installed.
  3. ElviraKate

ElviraKate Member

I see this, but can't tell if it's been updated. What I'm looking for would include an explanatory list of updated features of 4.1.2

Any other ideas?
  4. ElviraKate

ElviraKate Member

That's great, Loren, thanks. But it seems to be about plain 4.1, and we've just had the update to 4.1.2. Does *anyone* know what's different now?
  5. jzebrahockey

jzebrahockey Well-Known Member

Do a google search and see what comes up.
  6. ElviraKate

ElviraKate Member

well yes, duh, did that first. Plenty of hits, but as I said earlier, these tended to be lists not proper articles detailing what the changes were and how they worked, or if they did, they were talking about phones and not the tablets. I did think there might be people who actually knew about the Note 10.1 and the update on this forum, but it doesn't appear to be so :(

Kate
  7. 13ilgal

13ilgal Well-Known Member

Best thing I found was a YouTube video, put out by Samsung, that demoed the new features:
    [GALAXY Note 10.1] Introducing Premium Suite for GALAXY Note 10.1 - YouTube

8. graham35

graham35 Well-Known Member

Is that the official update 4-1-2 via kies or OTA, I did not know it had been released to the uk yet!
  9. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Kate,
    Samsung do not push details on what the updates consist of. However we do know 4.1.2 fixes the security bug that was found on the Exynos 4 chip.
    The security bug created opportunities for malicious users to take control of a Samsung device with the potential to brick the device, wipe data or steal information. However, take note providing you obtain your software from legal sites and not 'dodgy' illegal titles you should not have been effected by the security issue.

The update to Android 4.1.2 also brings a number of new features, as well as modified interface controls for programs such as Gmail.
    It also gives users access to Google Now, Google's predictive search feature that also functions as a virtual assistant.